Chapter Twelve

Freya moved her legs back and forth, it was something to keep her busy. The wind moved her hair and she could feel her spirits being raised. The tree gave her comfort and it was her rock for the moment. Freya brushed her hair out of her face and looked up. The sun's rays hit the tree and it created a beautiful picture. Only if she had her camera.

Freya bit her lip and sniffed. That was her last memory of her mother and she cherished it. She couldn't believe that right after her mother confessed she died. Freya wanted to ask her questions, she needed direction. Of course she wasn't going to get that from her father. All she ever got from him was a glare and a scoff.

She remembered who came after them the night her mother died. Anger pulsed through her. He was supposed to protect them but yet he hunted them. She could distinctly remember her fathers scream of outrage when there door banged open.

"Run! Freya run!" He mother screamed.

Freya shook her head. "But mommy."

"Now!"

Scared from her mothers outburst, she ran. She sprinted past him and into the dead of the night. Sobs were heard deep in the night. Soft little thumps of footsteps threaded through the forest ground. Her heart thudded fast and loud within her chest. Tears leaked from her eyes and stained her rosy cheeks. She had to keep running or else he'd catch her.

Crying out, she fell to the ground. The tears seemed endless as she slowly sat up. They blurred her vision but she could clearly see the blood. It spilled from the sudden wound. A long arrow stood out from her thigh. She couldn't believe this. At only the age of five, she was a strong girl. Her parents knew she would be stronger and that she could accomplish anything she put her mind too. But she wasn't strong. She was sitting on the forest floor crying. Calming her breathing, she pulled the arrow out in a swift move.

She held her tongue as the need to scream arose. Not knowing what to do next, she grabbed her shirt and ripped it. She tied it carefully around the wound. Before she could get up, rustling sounded behind her. She tried to scramble away but something cracked over her head. Her head collied with the ground and her vision was blurred. She saw bloody red shoes before her eyes. Her eyes closed slowly as the vision of shoes were replaced with a bright light. Before she slipped away words escaped her mouth.

"Mommy, don't leave me."

Freya shook her head. Even though she blacked out, it was only for a few seconds. She remembered coming too but she acted like she was asleep.

"Do not touch her." her mother said with narrowed eyes.

A man was crouching down next to her face which she barely saw but it was enough. He turned to her mother with a snarl. "Do not talk to me like that bitch! You need to die along with this little brat! Abomination like you do not belong in this world!"

Her mother laughed bitterly. "Oh yeah? What about you? You turn into a mutt!"

The man growled and bent down close to the ground. "What?!"

"You just want us dead because we are much more powerful then you will ever be!"

Cracking bones could be heard throughout the night. Her mother was right, he turned into a dog. Freya didn't know what to do. He was going to attack her mother! Her mother looked at her and winked.

A chill ran down her spine as tears sprung to her eyes. Only if she had done something. Only if she had the nerve to stand up and help her mother. Freya shook her head and sighed. Her mother knew she was awake. She knew that Freya was watching.

Her father was the beta of the pack she used to belong too. Her mother was never a wolf but that didn't mean Freya wasn't. The alpha. He was the one to hunt them. There own alpha. She thought he was supposed to protect his pack, not hunt them down.

Shaking her head she got down from the tree and went into her room. Why would he hunt them? When will he find her? How long until she would be ripped away from here? Biting her lip, she opened her door and walked into the hall. She hasn't walked through this hall in four weeks.

Freya turned right and walked up until she found a door that said 'Hastings Head Quarters'. Was she going to do this? Yes she was. This needed to stop. She was going to be the bigger person. Taking in a deep breath, she knocked on the door.