Chapter Twenty-One

Daniel's soft snores filled her ears and she smiled. At least he could sleep peacefully. The twins were put in her old room. Freya had wanted to sleep with them but Daniel begged her to stay with him. Unable to resist his cute puppy dog face, she gave in. She currently sat on the windowsill staring off into space.

She didn't feel comfortable in her own house. The alpha and his wife now lived in her house. She hated it. During dinner, she could feel the hatred rolling off the wife. The alpha sat there awkwardly letting her do as she pleased. The way Daniel cowered from her told Freya something.

She was filling his tiny mind with things. Once all this was settled and over with, Freya would take Daniel to the academy and look after him. Across the street from the academy was an elementary, he could go there. There was more than enough room in the dorm for him.

Freya let her head hit the cold glass window. The coldness of it soothed her never ending headache. She didn't know when she fell asleep but she could feel herself drifting. Freya sat in a green meadow. Pretty flowers of blue, white, and pink surrounded her. She could feel as if she belonged here.

"Do not get to comfortable my child." called out a soft, motherly voice. "This place is not meant for the living."

Freya stood up quickly and turned around. Tears filled her eyes. "Mother." she called out softly, not daring to move.

This was all a dream, she concluded. If she moved, it would all go away. Her mother looked exactly the way she did when she was alive. Her soft golden hair hung by her waist in perfect ringlets. Her olive colored skin glowed with life and power. Her baby blue eyes shined with amusement and love.

"Yes, puppet. You looked so beautiful. You've grown so much since our last encounter." she said with a soft loving smile.

Freya ran towards her mother and hugged her tightly. This is what she missed. She missed the warm, long hugs every morning. She missed hearing her mothers groggy yet happy voice early in the morning. She missed smelling her mothers cooking. She missed the way her mother pranced around the house, always smiling.

Her mothers smile was contagious. Freya cried into her shoulders as her mother held her. "Puppet? I need to speak with you. I do not have much time."

Freya lifted her head and looked in her mothers soft eyes. "Mother?"

"Your father is in danger. I would love to see him again but it is not his time yet. You must help him honey."

"Where is he? Where is father?"

"I cannot tell you that. You must find out on your own. You are a very smart person, Freya. You can do it. But be careful. The ones you trust the most will be the ones who will betray you."

Freya furrowed her eyes and opened her but her mother put a slender finger in front of her mouth. "Sorry puppet. Our times is over. You must return now or else you cannot return to the human world."

"B-but! Will I get to see you again mother?" Freya asked as he mother stepped away from her.

Her mother smiled and whispered something. Her whisper could not be heard. Freya shouted for her mother but the faster she ran, the farther she got away.

"Mother!" Freya shouted one last time before she jolted awake.

Freya placed her hand over her heart and breathed heavily. Was it just a dream? Ut lux arit dux vester PUPA. Her mothers whisper floated through her mind. Wet, hot tears poured down her cheeks.

"May the light be your guide, puppet." Freya whispered her mothers words.

~~~~~~~~~~

Daniel stood in the backyard. He remembered the times he used to play with his father. Where was he now? The alpha's wife came striding out of the house and glared at him. Daniel smiled and ran up to her.

"Miss? Can you play with me?" He asked excitedly.

She made a disgusted face and snarled. "Do not talk to me, primus depopulate."

Daniel took a step back and cowered. She smiled viciously before she raised her hand. Daniel flinched, waiting for impact. Sissy. He thought. Before she could smack the stupid child, she was tackled to the floor. A punch landed to her jaw, a sickening crack echoed out.

Freya snarled at the stupid woman. How dare she lay a hand on Daniel! The alpha's wife pushed Freya off her and shifted. Freya stood up and crouched down. She couldn't shift yet. The full moon wasn't till next week. The alpha's wife bared her teeth at Freya.

The wife thought that it was a perfect time to kill her now. She could easily lie and say that Freya had attacked her. She lunged for Freya with speed. Freya wouldn't use her powers against the wife. She wanted to beat her on her own instead of relying on her powers.

The wife sunk her teeth into her neck and Freya screamed. She tried to push her off but she was too heavy. Freya could feel the blood flowing out her wound and she hated feeling weak. The wife got off Freya and turned toward Daniel. The kid stood there still in shock.

Freya felt anger surge through her. She was going for Daniel. No! She screamed inside her head when the wife bared her teeth and attacked Daniel. His scream pierced her heart and she growled. She could feel heat rush through her veins and it wasn't the normal heat she felt.

Freya pushed off the ground with a scream. Her bones started to crack and rearrange themselves. She could feel something pushing from within and she didn't know what it was. Pain surge through her but she pushed it away. Daniel was more important to her.

Without pausing or hesitating, she rushed forward with the new founded power. She felt different. She didn't feel like a human anymore. Without giving it too much thought, she jumped onto the wife. With a snarl Freya dug her teeth deep into the wife's neck and flung her backwards, away from Daniel.

No one would hurt him. Not while she was alive. Freya charged the wife and tackled her to the floor. She ripped open her stomach and tore at her neck. Anger pushed her over the edge. She had enough of this. With another battle cry, Freya sunk her razor sharp teeth into chest and pulled out her heart.

She spat out the tainted heart and roared. The limp body beneath her oozed blood. A sudden pride ran through her. Freya put her head up and howled in victory. Finally the fight was over. All she needed to do now was find her father.

~~~~~~

Pfft the fight is hardly over, Freya. But hope you guys liked it! I suck at battle scenes so excuse me if it sucked! I guess there's only like three or four more chapters left? I don't know but I might make a sequel! Should I? I don't know, tell me if I should or not. Thank you for reading! Vote, comment, and loveee!