Chapter Twenty-Four

Awkward. No other words came to mind but that one. The room was filled with her old pack. All eyes stared at her as she leaned against the wall. The silence in the room was thick. No one dared to speak a word. Freya licked her lips and watched as everyone fidgeted. Her father and her always had the power to do that to people. With just one solid look, they always fidgeted.

Someone in the room knew something and she'd be damned to let them get away. Cole cleared his throat and she sent daggers his way. He held up his hands and sunk back into his corner. So much for helping her out, he thought to himself. Freya searched the room.

"Anyone seen Daniel today?" she asked loudly.

The room stayed quiet. Feet shuffled but no one came forward. Giving a blank look, she pushed away from the wall. She made her way around the room, passing everyone. Her aunty stood in the middle with a hidden smile. Freya noticed it and narrowed her eyes but said nothing. They were protecting her, but why?

"I suggest someone come forward and explain to me what the hell is going on. Where is my little brother and my father? One of you must know something." she shouted.

Her anger was boiling but she wouldn't let it get the best of her. They knew something she didn't. Freya felt her wolf stirr with anger. She didn't like secrets being kept from her and neither did Freya. Without warning Freya snarled. Everyone jumped except for three.

One of those three was her aunty. They didn't think that she'd notice them but she did. She wanted to see who wouldn't jump. Freya made her way to the front row where the other two stood. She circled them like she could her prey.

"Do you two know anything?" she asked.

They kept quiet. She titled her head to the side and smelled their growing fear. "Do I scare you? Do I have to beat you to get the information I want?"

"No. Because their is no information to give." a deep voice echeod through her ears.

That voice brought back memories of her past, memories of her brigthest times.