Chapter Twenty-Five

It didn't feel right. Something was wrong. Of course she was happy but.... It didn't feel right. Something was off. Freya watched her father from the top of the stairs. After he had made his entrance he hugged her. But she didn't return the hug.

The way his eyes were dimmed said something. Her father was not a man of many words but his eyes spoke for him. She couldn't read what was in their depts. Something was wrong. Something was going to happen. Something bad.

How could her father have been missing all this time but suddenly appear? And he acts like nothing ever happened. He's acting like everything all happy and joyful. Her father was not a person full of happiness. He was bitter, hard, and cold. Not soft, warm, and cuddly.

Freya bit her lip and walked towards the kitchen. She poured herself a glass of water and went to take a sip when her father entered the kitchen. He stood in the doorway as he stared at her. That caused her to pause from taking a sip and stare back.

Something was definitely wrong. Her father never stared at her or even looked at her. Not since her mother died. His eyes swirled and he strode forward, plucking the glass out of her hand and swallowing it himself.

Instead of saying something, she simple watched him. He brushed past her and poured another glass. Without a word he handed it to her. Freya glanced down at the cup before taking a sip. Her father furrowed her eyebrows and nodded towards the cup.

"I'm not going to play charades with you." She spoke while taking another sip before dumping it into the sink.

"You need to drink water. You look pale." He said.

His voice was the same. Deep and full of no emotion. Somethings never change. Freya moved past him and into the living room. She stood against the wall and watched everyone laughing and dancing. Hours passed and she hadn't moved from the spot. She felt that if she moved, she would fall over.

Her vision was blurry and the room was titled. She didn't know what was happening. She felt like she was in a dream. Her hearing had died out and her body was tired. She wanted to go to sleep but she wouldn't let herself.

Something was wrong. Really wrong. Bracing herself against the wall, she tried to move but her legs were stuck. Her legs felt heavy, like cinder blocks. What was going on?

"Freya? Are you okay?" Asked a wicked voice.

The question was meant for concern but the voice had none whatsoever. Her head was pounding and her heart rate was slowing. What was happening to her? Freya's breath sounded harsh and out of balance. It felt as if she had ran a mile.

Cold arms wrapped around waist and flipped her over the persons shoulder. She could tell it was man but she didn't know who. Freya jerked in the hold as a spasm ran through her.

Pain filtered through her body. She cried out for help but no one was around. Her vision became dark and cold. She could feel herself becoming one with the darkness.

"Don't worry baby, its all going to be over soon." Cooed the man who was holding her.

She opened her mouth to scream but succumbed to the darkness instead.