Chapter Twenty-Eight

Blood was splattered all over the hot, sticky room. The twins stood around a table, back in human form. Cain had killed someone who looked like him. If he hadn't smelt his mates blood on the man, he wouldn't have killed him so quickly.

Her head was separated from her body. Her legs were ripped apart and her eyes were wide open. A sickening feeling ran through them. Their mate.... What happened to her? If only they had protected her better. If only...

Since the first time in years, tears spilt from his eyes. Cain felt like sinking to his knees and killing himself. He wouldn't be able to live without his mate. But he had to think about his mother. She would be distraught without him.

Cain grabbed her hand and touched it to his cheek. Her hands were bloody and cold. "Why? Why couldn't they take me?"

"My beautiful mate." Cole whispered as he placed butterfly kisses all over her cold cheek.

A sad silence filled between them both. Their mate had died. Because they were too careless. They should have known. They should have protected her better. They shouldn't have though she was safe back in her old home.

"I go to sleep for a second and you guys are kissing up on my dummy." A weak voice said from the darkness.

The twins turned and scanned the darkness and saw something moving. Freya sat in a dark corner, whimpering. Cain gathered her in his arms and started kissing her. Cole rubbed her body.

Freya clutched into them and tried to smile but it hurt too much. "I'm fine." She whispered.

"Fine my ass! Look at you, your all bruised and battered." Cain roared.

Tears fell from her eyes. "I thought I'd never hear you yell at me, I thought I'd never feel your kisses on my skin. I thought I'd never see you guys again."

She sobbed into Cain naked chest. The twins cradled her as she continued to cry. "Shh. Its okay. Were together now, thats all that matters." They cooed.

Cain carried her out of the darkness and outside. But before they could put her to bed, a woman stood in the field with a little boy. Freya wiggled her way out of Cain's arms. She grabbed onto their forearms to keep her upright.

"Give me back my brother." She said weakly.

"Oh, what about your father? You have no need for him anymore?"

Freya's heart pounded within her chest.

Before the axe came on her, she broke the holds on her with a simple spell. With the last of her energy, she replaced herself with a dummy and dumped herself in the corner. The axe slammed through the dummies neck and blood splattered all over the place.

Cain sank down to his knees and cried. "I'm sorry my poor, poor daughter. I needed to kill you or else your brother would have died."

What? That wasn't her father. Was it? The one who looked like Cain took off his face and it showed the man who kicked her out of the pack. The man who was supposed to love her. Her father. Why?

"You made your mother die. I told her to get rid of you, that you were nothing but trouble. But your mother hard headed, she never listened to anything I said. Maybe it was because I forced her to become my wife. Maybe it was because she was pregnant with you when I forced her to marry me."

Her father stopped talking and put back on the mask. He laughed bitterly, "I hate you. I hope you rot in hell."

Freya came back to reality when she fell to the ground. Her hands were shaking and the twins were shouting at her. The woman she once called her Aunty, laughed.

"He hated you because you were not his. Your father was human. A stupid human who placed his life on the line for your stupid mother."

"My mother is not stupid!"

"Oh but she is. I gave her the option to kill you so she could live. But she refused. She said that I couldn't touch her. But look at her now, shes rolling around in her grave."

The woman's laugh was too much for Freya. It made her blood boil. She clenched her hands together and gritted her teeth.

"How can you talk so lowly of your own sister?" She whispered but knew the woman heard her.

"Because our parents held her on a golden platter. They did everything for her. They gave everything to her. And what did I get? A simple silver platter. I should have been the chosen one. Not you, not her, not anyone but me!"

Freya closed her eyes and screamed. An earth-shattering scream. The earth shook, the wind blew, and the water rose. The wind was circling around Freya as she stood up.

"I've had enough! I will not let you bad mouth my mother!"

Snarls were ripped from her mouth as her palms heated. She could feel the simple heat fill her body. She snapped her fingers and the woman was enveloped in fire.

"You shall be imprisoned within your own darkness that you had created."

The earth swallowed up her screams and her burning body. With one last breath, Freya fell to the floor. Cole caught her and gathered her in his arms as Cain picked up her little brother.

Was it finally over?

~ is it over? I don't know myself. I was going to end it there for this chapter but heres some more!~

"I've been in the freaking hospital for three weeks already. I've had nurses after nurses taking care of me, the least I can do while back home is pee by myself!" Freya shouted at the twins who stood by the door.

"What if you fall in?" Cole asked.

"How the hell can I fall in? Its a freaking toilet!"

Cain rolled his eyes. "Stop complaining and pee."

Freya mumbled under her breath as she used the bathroom. The past two days being back home was wonderful. They had finally mated. She bore the mark of the twins on each shoulder. The pack loved her and she loved the pack.

She had also met their parents while in the hospital. She didn't know what the twins were warning her about, their mother is a sweet woman. Their father just like them in every way.

Life was good. Her little brother was admitted into the academy and was living in the dorm room with her. She brushed past the twins and went into the kitchen. She grabbed a cookie from the container and sat on the table.

Cole snagged the cookie out of her hand and tapped her nose. "No, muffin. The doctor said no eating junks until tomorrow."

She pouted and stuck out her tongue. "But I want something sweet!"

Cain leaned against the sink and smiled wickedly. "I have something sweet for you."

She looked down and saw that he was excited. She licked her lips. "But the doctor said no sweet things."

"We're an exception." Cole whispered.

~~ comment! Vote! Tell me how it is! Theres going to be one last chapter and then I'm ending it!