7

"Please," I begged and placed my head on Marcos shoulder. I really want to go see a new movie. I thought today would be a good day to have that date Marco promised but he doesn't seem to want to go out.

"Why can't we just watch a movie here," He whines as he throws his head back against the couch. 

"I want to see a new movie and we've been home all day," I mimic his whine. "I've barley seen the city and this would give me a chance to see it. Come on, won't you do this for me?" 

"I really don't want to go anywhere," Marco his voice more serious this time. "Can't you go alone?" And get lost? He can't be serious?

After arguing over what we were going to do, I finally gave in and we watched a movie at home. I should have known better. I rarely win arguments with him. It seems like we always do what Marco wants. 

I was they only one really watching too which pissed me off even more.Marco sat at the other end of the couch and  was too busy texting on his phone. It took all I had not to reach over and grab it out of his hand. That's one of my pet peeves, texting while watching a movie.

"Are you even watching," I ask. In response to my question, he nods and keeps his eyes on his phone.

"What just happened then," I question. He ignores me and continues to text. I had enough so I got up and went to my room. I don't even think he noticed I left.

I decide to try writing. I stared at the blank word document as I always do. As much as I tried to think of an idea, nothing would come to mind. Since I've moved here, I've had writers block. I sigh and shut my laptop.

Maybe if I went on a walk, I could think of something to write. It might clear my mind as well. I slip on my vans and head downstairs. Marco was still texting away on the couch. Who could he be texting?

"I'm leaving," I call to him. He waves his hand at me but doesn't look up. When was he going to act like a caring boyfriend.

After walking for a good ten minutes, I found a park. There wasn't much there to do. All I saw was a  swing, monkey bars, and seesaw. Not much but enough to entertain kids I guess. I found a trail and begin walking.

My phone buzzed. I had a text from Marco.

From:Co <3
To: Emmie
Hey, where did you go?

I decided to ignore the text and placed my phone in my pocket. He doesn't really care.I looked up to see Aaron in front of me. I jumped back in surprise.

"Ah, Aaron, don't sneak up on me," I lightly slap his arm.

" Sorry, what are you doing out here?"

"I felt like going for a walk," I shrug.

"Well, do you want to hang out? The guys and Joc are over there." He points to a tree where everyone is sitting. I guess I could hangout for a little. Its not like I was doing anything at home. I nod and follow behind him. No one noticed us until I sat down next to Joc. She jumped a little when she noticed me.

 "Hey," I smile.

"E, I'm glad you showed up. That one account I follow just posted and I wanted to show-"

"What is she doing here?" I freeze at the sound of Noah's voice. I turn my head to the left to look at him.  His arms were crossed and his brown eyes were dark and narrow.His bottom lip was pouted and he looked like an angry child who was told no.

"I invited her to hang out with us," Aaron answers his question and takes his seat beside Will.

"Emmie, nice to see you again. How have you-" Will was cut off.

"Well if she's staying, I'm leaving." Noah begins to stand up. Everyone lets out an annoyed groan. Jocelyn tugs on his arm to get him to sit down but he wiggles his arm free.

"Come on, don't be a jerk," Will shakes his head.Noah begins to argue with him. I felt unwanted so I decided I should be the one to leave.

"I'll just go I-" I was interrupted.

"No, you stay I'm leaving." Noah starts walking away.

I didn't like Noah's tone when he said that to me. I don't know why, but I didn't like Noah telling me what to do either. Actually, I don't like anyone telling me what to do. I get up and chase after him.

"Noah," I call. He continues to walk. Wow, history repeats its self doesn't it. I grab his arm and pull him back. He quickly pulls out of my grip. I ran around and  stood in front of him, blocking him from leaving. "Can you stop acting like a child for one second and look at me?" I growl and try to meet his eye.

"I told you to stay put," He looks down at me."You don't listen do you?" I glare at him.

"I don't like being told what to do," I answer. He rolls his eyes and tries to walk around me.

" Stop," I command. 

"Move," He growls.

" Not until you tell me why you hate me," I look up to him.

"Move!," He lightly places his hand around my arm to move me but I stay put. I ignore weird feeling I got when he touched me.

"Not until I get answers,"I hiss.

 He looks like he was ready to murder me at this point. "You want to know why I hate you? I hate you because you look for trouble." What was he talking about?

"I've told you time and time again to stay away from me. Yet you seem to be around a lot. I hate you because you annoy me. You may have all my friends fooled but you don't have me. I know you're another Carmen."

"You don't even know me," I scoff. "You've literally just met me. You have no reason to judge me."

"I do have a reason," He laughs. "Many actually. My reasons, you're the girlfriend of one the biggest douche bags of the school. You're a spoiled rich girl who's drawn to anything that rebels. You're only trying to fit in with my friends because their hated by your boyfriends group. I know your type. You're just a bitch and that's why I hate you."

I can't believe he actually thinks all those things. If only he knew how wrong he was. I don't think I could prove it to him either.

"Fine," I take in a deep breath and then let it out. "I'll stay away from you." I don't want to fight anymore. There's no use at this point.

"Good," Noah growls and pushes past me.

I walk back to the group and sit down.

"You okay? I heard you guys screaming at each other." Collin gives me a worried look. Everyone stared at me like I just experienced the worse thing ever. 

"I'm fine. But I should get going."

"What no! You just got here. Don't let Noah make you feel bad. He's just not good around new people," Joc tries to justify his actions. "He barley knows you. Just give him some time. I know he doesn't actually hate you and he doesn't believe all that shit he said."

"Look, its not even about him. I just need to get back home. I'll text you later. " She sighs and nods. I wave goodbye to everyone and head off.

Once I got home I laid down on my bed and stared at the ceiling. I thought about my conversation with Noah. Maybe its my fault. Do I give off a spoiled brat vibe? Does he really believe I'm a cliche girl who likes to rebel? Thats not even close to who I am at all. Maybe I should ask to change my scheduled so I don't have to see him. No, I'm not going to go to extremes to stay away from him. I'll just try to keep distance. 

Updated: 7/16/18