28

As time started to pass, my nervousness started to increase. Why am I so nervous? It's not like It's my first time hanging out with him. I've made out with the guy. This should be a piece of cake for me.

The music was too loud in the truck so I couldn't ask him where we were going or what we were doing. Noah was dressed causally in a white t-shirt and black jeans. So it wasn't something super fancy which I'm happy about.

Out of nowhere my phone starts to ring. I stare at the phone for a second and then pick it up. Noah quickly turns down the music.

"Hello?"

"Hey sweets how are you!" My moms voice sang at the end. I instantly sigh with relief. My phone didn't show the caller ID and I thought it could be that guy calling again.

"Hey mom, I'm good, how are you?"

"I'm good. What are you up to?" She asks.

"Oh um, I'm on a date right now."I quickly say.

"Oh! Aw Marco is taking you on a date? He's such a romantic." She squeals.

Wow, it's been that long since we have talked. I mean there have been a few texted here and there but we actually haven't had a real talk in a long time.

I guess I have to tell her the news. Hopefully she will take it better then my dad did.

"Um mom, Marco and I broke up a while ago." I say slowly. The line goes quiet for a few seconds.

"What happened?" She sounds upset.

"Well he decided that one girl just wasn't enough for him."

"I'm so sorry sweet heart. He's a jerk," she held anger in her voice, "I hope this new guy is treating you right."

"He is mom. Trust me, you'd like him." I smile at my own words. I'm saying that honestly too. My mother has never been the judgmental type.

We talk for a few more minutes before I told her I had to go. I didn't want to spend too much time on the phone.

I place my phone in my pocket and return my hand to where it has been before, resting on the center console. Noah's hand found mine and locked our fingers together.

"Did I tell you how beautiful you look tonight," he keeps his eyes on the road but brings my hand to his lips to place a small kiss on it. I hum in response.

"So where are we going?" I ask.

"You'll see." He smiles and butterflies fill my stomach. Have I mentioned how beautiful his smile is?

We drove for 20 minutes before we pulled into a parking lot in front of an old building. A bunch of people were walking in or out. The people walking out were holding popcorn most of the time. Right away I knew what we are doing.

"Are we watching a new movie?" I ask excitedly.

"I know it's a bit cliche for a "first date" but watching movies together is our thing so I figured actually watching one at a theater instead of a bedroom would be nice."

A huge smile spreads across my face when he says "our thing."

"It's a perfect "first date" let's go." I grin opening the door. I can hear Noah laughing.