15

I woke up at five this morning.  Today is game day. They had switched the game to this Friday instead of Saturday. I got up so early to shower and curl my week old hair cut. It takes me about 2 hours to curl my hair. Struggles of having long hair.

For a minute I stopped an questioned myself. Why was I trying to look good? God, Carmen has really gotten in my head from just hanging out with her for a day.

I finished curling my hair as quick as possible. After I pick out an outfit which is just a Black t-shirt and some light washed skinny jeans. I slid on my black vans and Marcos Varsity jacket. I do my make up and head downstairs. I felt silly being dressed up for school and a football game. I never put this much thought into an outfit. I've hung out with Carmen for to long. One day too long.

I meet Marco in the living room. "You look good in my jacket baby." Marco winks at me. I would normally blush at that but, this time I didn't. I cringed more than anything.

"Thanks. Are you ready to go?" I ask. "

Yeah, lets go." He grabs his keys and we head out.

The faster we get to school the faster the day will go and end.

Since we've got to school, Marco hasn't let me leave his side. I've tried to escape from him a couple of times. I hid in the bathroom for a few minutes just to get away. The only real escape I have is class. Thank god we don't have a bunch of classes together. I think I would blow up if I had to spend the whole day by his side.

"I'll be here after class. We can walk to lunch together." Marco drops me off at my third class.

"Okay," I faked a smile. Please forget and just head to lunch without me. Maybe at the end of class I can make a run for it.

Just like he said, he was right there, right when class ended. I was hoping he would just forget but he didn't."Ready for lunch?" He grabs my hand."

Yeah, lets go."

We got our lunch and sit at his table. His arm was around me the whole time. By this point I just felt nauseous. It took all I had not to move it off.

"Thanks for letting me wear your jacket Drew." Carmen smiles at my brother.

"No problem. It looks good on you." She giggles at him. Gross.

I turn to look at my actual friends table. They are all looking at me. They all have this look on their faces. Like they are mad at something. Everyone's eyes go back and forth between Marco and I. Now I really want to take his arm off me.

I noticed each of them stared at me in a different way. Jocelyn looked at me like she was ready to kill Marco. Collin and Aaron just looked at me sympathetically. Will just looked super pissed. And Noah, he looked at me intensely. It was too hard to read or know what he was thinking.

"Hey my shoulder hurts. Can you take your arm off for a little," I ask as kindly as possible.

"Yeah." He takes his arm away and I scoot a little farther away from him. I don't think he knows what personal space is. I look back at the table. Their faces haven't changed at all. They still look very angry. Aaron whispers something to Jocelyn and she nods. I wonder what they are talking about.

Lunch goes by slowly and so does the rest of the day. I guess my plan of making the day go by fast did not work. After school, everyone goes to the football field and waits until the game starts. I'd rather be at home right now instead of sitting beside Carmen. She keeps going on and on about how she hates that it's windy. I keep telling her that there's nothing that she can do. But she keeps saying how she's going to make it stop.

Finally, Joc shows up. "I thought you weren't going to come." I sigh in relief.

"Nah I wouldn't leave you with that." She holds back the mean name she was going to call her. I laugh.

"So you never told me who you went on a date with Saturday. Spill." I needed to talk about something to take my mind off of where I'm at.

Her face starts to blush. "Well, it was with Aaron," she says happily. "We went out to dinner and went mini golfing. It was a pretty cute date." I smile as she describes the whole date to me.

"Awe" Talking about dates has me thinking. Marco and I haven't gone on a date since I got here. I mean we have but none of them count because of the football team being there.  We've barley spent anytime together.  He's always gone at football practice or somewhere else. He never tells me where he's going.

She continues to tell me about the date until the game starts.

"Finally, I thought I was going to be 80 by the time it starts." Carmen exaggerated.

Finally! The game is over! I have to say, it was really boring. I'm not a football fan. I'd rather watch a baseball or soccer game. I like those sports much better.

I climbed down the bleachers and went down to the field to congratulate Marco on his win. "Marco" I grab his hand.

"Not now. The boys and I are going to celebrate. Talk to you later." He pulls away from me and walks away. 

"Never mind then."  It started to rain.

I begin to walk to the parking lot when I remember Marco was my ride home. Just great. I start to head home in the pouring rain. I was hoping that someone nice would offer me a ride home, you know those people you read about in stories? But no one stopped and I continued my walk in the rain.