37

"You guys are weird,"Hayden scoffs, breaking the staring contest between Noah and I. "I can feel the sexual tension." He cringes.

Since we got home, Noah and I stayed at opposite sides of the room and just stared at each other. It felt like the time we stared at each other at school.

"Can't you just kiss and make up?" Hayden asks."

"It's not that easy."

"Guys, I'm back with pizza." Jocelyn comes into the apartment with 3 boxes of pizza. She closes the door with her foot.

"Food!" Collin shouts and runs towards Joc. Her eyes widen and she turns the boxes towards the door. That boy loves food.

"Ah, wait a minutes. Go sit back down." She growls as he tries to open the pizza in her arms. Collin sighs and sits back down when he's unable to get to it. Jocelyn walks over and places the pizza boxes on the coffee table.

"There, now you can get a slice." She begins to scold him but he's too hungry to care. He lunges at the box.

"So what are you guys eating?" He asks, shoving the pizza in his mouth.

"Very funny now pass the boxes down." Aaron rolls his eyes. Collin hesitantly passes the boxes down. I quickly grab a piece before it was all gone.

"So what movie are we going to watch?" Will asks placing the movies on top of the empty boxes of pizza. 

"Something funny." Jocelyn demands.

"Um, what about this?" He holds a random movie. Everyone shakes their head.  Will kept on holding up movies and everyone would shake their heads in disapproval.

"Well, there is only one movie left so we are watching this one I guess." He grabs the movie and places it in the DVD player.

Wait I need to make popcorn!" Joc shouts and runs to the kitchen to make her snack.

"Hurry." Will sighs. "Anyone else need to do something before I start the movie?"

"Actually, I need to make a call." Noah stands up. He grabs his coat and walks outsides. 

"Hurry up. You only have 10 minutes until I start the movie." Will yells at him as he shuts the door.

"Alright what do you guys need to do?" He looks at this rest of us and we all shrug.

"Who's your brother calling?" Collin asked Hayden. Hayden just shrugs.

"He makes a lot of calls. I never know who he's talking to. Maybe it's our Uncle." My blood runs cold at the mention of his uncle.

"Let's hope not." Will mumbles under his breath. 

"Alright popcorn done!" Jocelyn says and sits on the couch. "We can start the movie. "

"We have to wait for Noah. He's making a call." Will sighs.

"If you want I can go get him." I say without thinking. Everyone stops and looks at me.

"Are you sure about that?" Aaron asks. I nod and pull myself off the couch.

"It's fine Aaron, it will only take a second."

I put on my jacket and walk out the door. Noah sat on the steps and he didn't notice that I walked out.

"It's over. I told you I'm done." He calmly says into the phone. I can hear the not so calm voice on the other end. I couldn't really tell what they were saying but I could tell they were not happy.

"Don't yell at me. I did my end of the deal. I gave you your money didn't I! Now leave us alone. Don't contact me or my brother again." He yells into the phone and presses end on the phone. He sighs and places his head in his hands.

"Are you okay?" I once again say something without thinking. Noah quickly lifts his head and turns to me.

"What are you doing out here?" He asks.

"You didn't answer my question." I say not answering his.

"I'm fine." He says. "Now answer my question.

"They want to start the movie. Are you coming inside?"

"Yes." He gets up. I open the door and walk in, he follow close behind.

"Finally! Now we can start the movie." Jocelyn exclaims. She grabs the remote and presses play. Noah and I both find a place to sit.  The movie started to play. It took me a moment before I realized that I have seen this movie before.

I felt my face get hot. This is the movie about the guy who traveled to go see his girlfriend. Noah and I watched this one together.

Alright Em, just don't look over at Noah at all. Don't make any eye contact. This will save you from embarrassment and the awkwardness.

"Why is your face red? Are you getting sick?" Hayden whispers to me. 
I quickly shake my head.

"No it's just a little hot in here." I say as a cover. He gives me a weird look and turns back to the movie.

It was the middle of the movie when I finally looked across the room at Noah. 'Dammit' Noah was cringing at the sight in front of him. I let out a small giggle. It was the same face he made when we watched the first time.

"You are so weird. First you say it's hot in here and now you are staring at my brother giggling." Hayden gives me a weird look.

"Oh shush and watch the movie." I tell him. He rolls his eyes and does what I told him to.

"That was the cutest thing I have ever seen!" Jocelyn squeals.

"No it's still horrible." Noah shakes his head, cringing. He will never like this movie.

"Wait you've seen this before?" Jocelyn questions. He nods.

"Yeah, Emmie and I watched it together." He says and then stops. 

"O-oh nice." Jocelyn says awkwardly.

"Hey! Let's watch another movie!" Aaron says trying to change the mood.

"Yes, that's a good idea." I say picking up a movie and handing to him. He quickly puts it in the player and starts it.

The movie ended at about one in the morning. Everyone got up and went to their rooms.  Except for Noah, Hayden, and Collin. Will gave them all blankets. Hayden and Noah slept on the couches while Collin slept on a bed of blankets.

As soon as my head hit my pillow, I was out.  However, it didn't feel like long before I was woken up. I felt the bed next to me dip down and a pair of arms wrap around me, pulling me close to something warm. I turn my head a little bit.

"Noah,"I whisper.

"Sorry, I couldn't sleep on the couch." He apologizes.

"It's okay." I whisper, trying not to smile. I turn my head back.

"Noah, I lo-"

"Shh, go back to sleep."