21

"That concludes our lesson about
literal and figurative analogies. You can work on your book project for the rest of the hour."

I stared at the blank document. It made my stomach churn. I've never had writers block this long. I haven't written in months. It saddens me.

The bell to lunch finally rings. I sigh and place my laptop in my bag. I look around the room before getting up.

I noticed Noah wasn't in class this morning. I can't help but feel like that's my fault. We haven't talk or seen each other in a week. Noah has missed this whole week of school because of me.

"It was hilarious," The whole group laughed at Collins story. It was funny but I wasn't in a laughing mood. Any other day, maybe. Just not today.

"E? Are you okay?" Will asks. He looks at me worried.

"Hey! I'm the only one who can call her E! Right E?" Joc smiles. I shrug at her.

"Uh yeah." I answer.

"Where's Noah,"Aaron asks. My body tenses at the question. Everyone looks around a notice he's no where in sight.

"He's probably avoiding me,"I frown.

"Huh,"All the boys look at me confused.

Joc places a hand on my shoulder. "E, he just needs sometime. It's probably not even because of that. Maybe he's sick?"

"Wait, what happened?" Will looks back and forth between Joc and I. She gives me a look, asking for approval. I nod in response. It's not like it's a big secret. It was only a kiss. A kiss that made Noah literally run away from me. No biggie.

"Noah and E kissed and-"

"They kissed! High five Em! Noah is finally over the-" Aaron had his hand up waiting for a high five.

"Put that hand down! He freak out and left. He's not over it."What are they talking about? What is he not over?

Aaron slowly pulls his hand back down. "I see, wait, did you kiss him first or did he kiss you?" Will asks.

"He asked me if he could kiss me and then he kissed me first. What does that matter?"

"Like I said. There are things you don't know about Noah. Things that you will just have to hear from him. But I know one thing." She smiles.

"What?"

"He's not mad at you. I promise."

"How do you know," I scoff. "You weren't there. You didn't see the way he looked at me. He was so scared Joc."

"I didn't need to be there," She crosses her arms. "I know him more than you think. Believe me, the boy is not mad at you." I decide to just take her word for it. She seems so sure and she does know him more than me.

"You know what? I'm going to call him." Will takes his phone out of his jacket pocket and begins typing something. Soon he brings it to his ear.

"Hey, where are you? I see. Are you going to be good enough for the party tomorrow night? Alright. See you then." Will hangs up. That was a quick conversation. I sat there anxiously waiting for Will to say something.

"He's sick but he's still going to be at your party Joc." He softly smiles at me. Why do I feel like that's a lie?

"See E. I was right. He's just sick. Also, tomorrow your coming over early to get ready with me." She smiles. Oh, great a party.

"I don't really have party clothes. I've never been a big fan of parties,"I tell Joc as she examines the outfit I brought over. The skinny jeans and long sleeved shirt.