19

"That movie was horrible," Noah cringes. We had just finished watching a romance movie. I liked it however, Noah thought it was stupid but what guy actually likes watching romance movies?

Noah and I have spent a lot of time together these two weeks. It's safe to say that we don't hate each other anymore. The last argument we had was a last week when we had to stop at that one place so Noah could meet his friends. I had asked what was in the brown bag when he got into the truck and he freaked. He told me to mind my own business which pissed me off and we started to argue. But we made up and now we are here hanging out for the 100th time this week.

"No it wasn't! That was so cute how he drove four hours just to lay next to her." I gush.

"He's stupid. He lost sleep for a girl." Noah shakes his head in disapproval.

"He's not stupid, he's just in love." I stand up for the made up character.

" 'Love' isn't real,"Noah looks away from me. He cringed when he said the word love.

"You don't believe in love,"I question.

"No." He simply says. He seemed upset so I decided not to push the subject further.

I felt some tension fill the room so I decided to change the subject. "Hey Noah," he hums at me. "Did you hate me because I was dating Marco?"

His eyebrows come together in confusion. "Of course not. Why would you think that?"

The conversation I had with Joc replays in my mind. I knew he couldn't have possibly been jealous.

"Well, you were mean to me when him and I were together and now that we're not you're hanging around me. You,be been with me for the past two weeks since I found out he was cheating on me. It just seems a little weird."

He looks at me for a moment without speaking. I feared that I had just ruin our newly found friendship.

"It has nothing to do with Marco. I just know what it's like to be let down by someone you care about. And I don't know, I just had a change of heart. Seeing you hurt and terrified. I didn't want to be part of that." I smile at his confession. That's sweet of him to kind of care for me like that.

"And you're not too bad to hang around."

I giggle and go on to ask my next question. "Alright next question," please don't ruin the moment. "Are you part of a gang or something?"

His eyes widen at my words. "What of course I'm not!" Well that doesn't seem suspicions. "Why would you even ask me that?"

"Oh come on," I cross my arms. "You have meetings at ice cream shops and at dangerous parts of town."

"They weren't meetings. I was hanging out with friends."

"But I saw two guys come out of that building that night," I gulp. "They seemed to be in a fight."

"What guys? I had nothing to do with them. They were probably just drunk."

"Okay, what about the guy at the park. He attacked you and said-

Noah cuts me off. "Look, I'm not in a gang. I can promise you that. I understand how things look but they've all been misunderstandings, alright? So please just drop it."

"Want to watch another movie? You can pick this time." I offer trying to make our previous words seem non existent.

"Sure. Let me see the pile of movies." I hand him the movies we had rented this week. We literally have hung out almost every night this week. Every night we would rent two movies.

"Let's watch this!" He holds up The Gallows. Oh no, I was hoping he would forget about that movie.

"You want to watch a horror movie at," I look at the clock," Its three in the morning!" If my family found out he was here this late, they would freak.

"Perfect timing it's the witching hour." He smirks. This is not going to be good. There's goes sleep for tonight. He puts the movie on and crawls next to me again.

"Eek!" I squeak and burry my head into Noah's neck. This is probably one the scariest movies I've ever seen. "Turn it off!" I can feel Noah laughing. Suddenly, he wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer to him.

"It's okay. I'll protect you." He whispers in my ear, sending a shiver down my spine.

The movie had finally ended. I was super paranoid. Every little sound would make me jump. Every time I would jump Noah would laugh and I would blush.

"Okay well,good night." Noah starts to walk to his bed on the floor.

"Noah you don't have to sleep on the floor. Y-you can sleep on the bed with me. You don't have to if you don't want to." Curse my inability to hide how nervous I am. I was too scared that something was going to happen to me. I am such a child.

"Um, are you sure?" He asks. I nod, there is no way I was going to talk more and show him how nervous I was.

I don't get it. I've slept in the same bed as a guy before without being nervous. But now, it's different.

"Um, okay then." He walks over. Before he gets into the bed, he removed his shirt. My eyes widen in shock. I was not expecting him to do that. My mouth falls open a bit at the sight. Oh. My. God. He is fit. Like really, really fit.

I hear Noah clear his throat. He caught me staring! Heat rises to my cheeks. "Are you okay?" He ask probably because I look like a freaking tomato!

Y-yes." I squeak. Get it together Em! It's just Noah. You're new friend. Nothing to be nervous about.

He slides under the covers next to me. My back was turned to him and I could feel his breath on the back of my neck. "Goodnight Em."

"Goodnight."

I start to fall asleep when I feel his arm wrap around me and pull me closer to his chest. At first I tensed but then soon relaxed. It didn't take long before I was out.