9

"No," I huff. "I am not going. You know I'm not a fan of James or parties." Marco and I have been arguing about a party tonight. He wants me to go with him so I could meet all his friends and meet friends myself.I thought his friends were the football team.

Parties aren't really something I enjoy. That makes me feel boring but I just can't have fun at them. It's just a bunch of drunk people running into each other and making bad decisions. That's not something I want to be a part of.

" You'll have fun," he nagged and wraps his arms around me in a back hug. "You'll be with me and my friends are really funny." Well that's a lie. I've sat with some of his friends and they are not funny at all.I mean come on, he's friends with my brother.

"No, you'll have fun while I sit there bored. You'll leave me right when we get there. Do you remember the football party we went to? You left me next to a girl who vomited all over. I said no and that's final," I snap.

"You couldn't do this one thing for me," Marco scoffs. "Whatever." He  storms out of my room and slams my door. I growl in frustration and throw myself back onto my bed. He has such a short temper. He gets extremely upset when he gets told no.

The sound of my door hinges creaking causes me to sit back up. Was Marco coming back to argue even more.

"You coming to the party," Drew walks in and crashes into my desk chair causing it to make a weird cracking noise. He's eyes widen as he dips too much to the left.

"No I'm not and  there's no reason to argue because my mind is made up," My voice picks up and he puts his hands up in surrender.

"Calm down sis," Drew rolls over to me and pats my shoulder awkwardly.

"Sorry, Marco and I got in a fight about it. He can be such a child sometimes."

"It's cool. Don't worry about it. He will apologize soon. He hates when you're angry at him."

"Hm, so will you watch him tonight for me," I give him a questioning look. I know what he's like at parties.Marco drinks to the point he doesn't remember anything the next day.

"You mean stay sober and babysit um no," Of course he would say no.

"Whatever. Don't call me when you both are shitfaced and can't walk. And don't even think of driving!"

"Yes mom." He mocks.

"I mean it. Be careful."

"We will."

Right now I was sitting on my bed eating chips and watching Teen Wolf.  That's all I've been doing since the boys left about 2 hours ago. I look at the time to see that its one thirty in the morning.

I tried to sleep but I couldn't fall asleep. I tossed and turned. Something felt off and I can't think of what it is. I couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. I'm sure everything is fine and it's just me feeling bad for arguing with Marco.

Out of nowhere my phone starts to ring causing me to jump. I grab my phone from the side table. Jocelyn's name flashed on the screen.

"Hey what's up?" I answer.

"Em! I need you to come now!" She sounded like she had been crying and out of breath.

I sit up. "What's going on?"

"Someone attacked Aaron at the party. How fast can you get here?"

"I'll be there in about ten minutes."

I quickly hang up and jump out of bed. I grab my shoes and slip them on as fast as I could. There was not time to change so my pajamas will have to do. I ran down the stairs and look for Drew's truck keys. I remember hearing him say he was going to ride with Marco.

I found them and ran out the door. I started the truck and headed to James house. Thank you to the person who had sent me an invite with the address.

I arrived exactly ten minutes later. Cars were parked all the way down the street on both sides. How popular is this kid? I walked up to the front door a tall guy dressed in black blocked the entrance. This is a joke right? James did not really hire a bodyguard.

I need to get inside," I try to go past him but he moves in front of me.

"No more people are allowed  in, " He huffs. What kind of party is this? Do you really need someone watching the door?

"I'm just coming to get someone, move."

"Fine,"  he moved out of my way. I ran into the room. I pushed through all the drunk teens until I made it to the back yard. I looked around. No one was out there.

"Jocelyn,"I call out.

"Over here," I herd a cry. I looked to my right to see people in a circle. I ran over. "

"Joc," I breath out and everyone turns to look at me. I look down to see Joc holding Aaron's head in her lap. He was out cold and blood ran down his head.

"What is she-" Noah began to say.

"Not now Noah," I yell.

I lean down to be level with Jocelyn." What happened?" I look around for an answer.

"Someone hit him with something," Noah explains

"We need to bring him to the hospital. Just to make sure his head is okay." Everyone nods. Will and Noah carefully pick him up. The quickly bring him over to someones truck.

It took us almost 30 minutes to get to the hospital.It didn't take long to get him checked into a room. We watched anxiously as he's taken away.

I hate waiting rooms. They give off a scary vibe in my opinion. It was quiet except for the small sobs Jocelyn let out.

"He'll be fine, I promise." I speak calmly. She doesn't say anything or look at me.

"Excuse me," We turn to see a nurse." Aaron Duncan is wake. We will allow one person in at a time."

"Jo should go first," Collin says. This must be kind of hard for him since it's his brother.It's nice of him to put her first.

She shakes her head" I don't want to see him hurt. E, can you go for me," I look at Collin to see if its okay and he just nods.The nurse smiles at me as I stand up to follow. She takes me to a white room. I see Aaron watching T.V. His head had bandages wrapped around it.

"Hey," He turns to me and smiles

"Hey Em."

"You feeling okay?" Obviously not Emmie. He was just hit in the head by something.

He nods."Just a little headache."

"Do you know what happened?"

He shakes his head, " All I remember is talking to Joc and then everything going black."

"Joc is the one who called me to help. She cares for you a lot. She would kill me if she found out I told you this but she really really likes you."

"Really," A big smile spreads across his face.

"Yea," I chuckle.

"I want to see her."

"She sent me in here because she didn't want to see you hurt. I don't know if I can get her to come in here."

He frowns and sighs. "Just tell her I really want to see her."

I'm not sure that's going to change anything but it doesn't hurt to try. I say a quick goodbye before returning to my friends in the waiting room.

"He wants to see Jocelyn. He said he really wants to see you." She thinks about it for a second and gets up.

Visiting hours ended at five. Aaron has to stay one more night just to make sure his head is okay.He was hit pretty hard.

We all piled into Noah's truck.

"We can all crash at my place." I offer. Everyone mumbled a yes, too exhausted to disagree.