16

"You need to find a ride or walk.I can't take you and Drew is sick."

I sat in the kitchen eating my cereal with Marco. Apparently I can't ride with him to school. First he can't take me home after the game last night and now he can't take me to school. Drew has also banned me from taking his truck because I forgot to fill it with gas once.

"Fine." I sigh.

Marco leaves. I decided to just walk. School starts in like 7 minutes. There's really no time to call anyone. I finish the rest of my breakfast and then place my bowl in the sink.I grab my bag and head out the door.

I reach the school right before the first bell rings. I grab the books I need from my locker and head to class.

I start my assignment. I was focused until I heard the door open. I look up to see Noah. His hair was slightly messy and his shirt was a little messed up. Something seemed a little off. Did he run into that guy again?

"Mr. Matthews, you're late."

"Shouldn't you expect that by now," He chuckles. The teacher rolls his eyes and points to a desk.

"Sit." Great. The desk so happens to be right next to me. I need to make friends with these people so I know who to sit buy. Noah sends a glare towards me and then sits in the desk. This is going to be a long class. I feel like I am the unluckiest person in the world.

So far the day has been super stressful. It seems like everyone is trying to ruin my day. Thank god it's lunch.I don't think I could survive another class without a break.

"E! Wait up!"

Jocelyn runs towards me. "I'll walk with you to lunch. You are sitting with us today." Looks like I don't have a choice. Not that I'm complaining. We both get our lunches and make our way to the table.

"Hey," I say as I sit down. Everyone says hi back and we all start a small conversation.

"He left you to walk in the rain? What kind of boyfriend is he?" Joc shakes her head.

"I don't know."

"I'm having a party at my house this weekend. You should come!" She says excitedly and changes the subject.

"I don't know. I'm not a party person." I shrug.

"Please! You have to come. It's my first party of the year! I usually hate parties too but since it's mine you have to come."

"Fine."

"Are we invited?" The boys ask.

"Of course. I need you all to be there." She smiles.

Joc and I begin to talk about something else when, I feel a tap on my shoulder. I look up to see one of Marcos friends. I think his name is Shawn.

"Hi." He smiles.

"Um, hi?"

"Your boyfriend is in the math hall and has asked me to come get you. He needs to show you something," His smile turns into a really creepy smirk. He's making me feel very uncomfortable.

"Oh okay. Guys I'll be back."

I get up and make my way out of the lunchroom. I didn't make it very far. Someone grabbed my hand before I could exit. What was he doing?

*Noah*

I study Shawn as he walks over to our table. What the hell does he think hes doing coming over here like this? He has no business.

I listen closely to his conversation with Emmie. I just saw Marco leave with Carmen. This is a set up isn't it. I can't let Em see that. I may find her annoying but, I don't want to see her hurt. I don't wish that kind of heartbreak on anyone.

I follow behind Emmie and ignore the yells from my friends. They'll have to thank me later for this. She was almost to the exit of the lunchroom. Before she could make it out, I grab her hand. She turns and looks at me funny.

"What do you want?" She snarls.

"I think you should go back to the table." I speak quickly trying not to waste anytime. She may need some convincing and I'm not sure I can do that.

"What? Why?" She questions. Yep, I was right. Why couldn't she just be easy and just say okay.

"Uh well y-your food will get cold?" My answer came out as more of a question.

She slightly giggles. "It was already cold. Look I gotta go." She walks down the hall. I quickly run to her. I step in front of her, blocking her way. I can't help but think of this as payback from when she blocked me from leaving.

"Noah move." Em says.

"Look just please come back to the table. I'm sure Marco can show you whatever later." I beg her but she wasn't budging.

"Why don't you want me to go see him?" She narrows her eyes at me. Please don't question me.

"W-well. I-uh..."

"So you don't have a reason? Just go back to the lunchroom Noah." She scoffs and turns away from me.

She walks further down the hall. She goes to turn the corner. Once she's around it, she freezes. I tried to block the view by pulling her back and covering her eyes but I wasn't fast enough.

The two people carried on. They didn't even notice us. His arms wrapped around her and he leaned down and places a kiss on her neck. I cringe at the sight.

"Babe, you said you were going to break it off with her,"Carmen whines. God, she is really annoying.

"I know. Just give me time. She still loves me. I need time to figure out how to let her down slowly." Marco pulls Carmen closer. He kisses her for a few seconds and then pulls away.

"Fine. But hurry it up. I should be the one wearing your jacket not her. It's bad enough she had to wear it at your first game. And it's bad that I had to wear her weird brothers." Carmen scrunched her nose up.

"I know. I-

*Emmie*

I stand still, watching my boyfriend hug and kiss another girl.I stayed silent. I was in shock. It took me a while before I found my voice.

"I know. I-"

"You want this jacket? Here." They both turn to me. Marcos eyes go wide. Carmen just smirks at me. I slip the jacket from my shoulders and throw it at their feet. I quickly turn around and walk the other way.

I can hear my name being called in the distance but I don't stop. My legs wouldn't let me. I don't need to hear excuses.

Once I reach the english hall, I stopped. I couldn't feel anything. I didn't feel sad or mad. My mind started to race. It was like it was trying to find some type of emotion for me to feel. I started to feel dizzy. My legs gave out beneath me. Before I could fall to the ground, someone grabs me and slowly brings me to the floor. Their arms are wrapped around me.

"I'm sorry." They whispered in my ear.