25

I drowsily make my way down to the kitchen. I had woke up to find Noah gone but a note saying: I brought you pancakes, they are in the fridge."  Its sweet but I wish Noah was here to eat them with me. I sound so clingy.

I grab the food from the fridge and sit down at the island. I take a small bite and text Noah to thank him. It amazes me how he gets out of this house without any of my family members seeing him or his truck.

"You're up," I look to see Cassie making some coffee. How did I not notice her. Please don't ask about my pancakes.

"Good morning," I yawn. I need to learn to sleep more. I'm going to blame Noah for that. She grabs her coffee and a piece of toast and sits down next to me.

"Do you have any plans today," Cassie asks. I shake my head. If Noah was busy that meant the rest of the group was busy.

"Not that I know of," I know they are busy on Saturdays. They are probably doing something important. Something that I have still yet to find out.

"Would you like to go to the dress fitting and cake testing today. I need all my bridesmaids there." She looks at me with a hopeful look.

"I'm one of your bridesmaids,"I'm kind of shocked. I have only know Cassie for like two months. I wouldn't expect her to want me to be one.

"Of course, if you want to. We may have not known each other for that long but you're still important to me."She smiles. "Would you like to?"

How could I say no. I quickly nod.

Her smile grows bigger and she gets up and hugs me tightly. "Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!" She cheers. I couldn't answer because she was squeezing me too tight. She finally lets go. "We have to be there at eleven so you have about an hour to get ready." She quickly says and then runs up the stairs.

"So you are Cassie's step daughter," Cassie's sister Michelle asked me. It felt weird hearing someone call me her step daughter.I just nod.

"I must say, you are not what I expected." She grins. I look at her confused.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I expected someone who would hate my sister but as you are here, that is not the case. I wish my step kids were like that. They hate my guts." She frowns.

I didn't know what to say. I don't know her well enough to says she's wrong. I don't know her step kids either so I'm really no help.

Just then the curtain gets pulled back.  Out walks Cassie in a beautiful dress. It flows and the lace sleeves looked amazing.  Everyone gasps and starts talking at the same time. Cassie scans the room and her eyes stop when they land on me. "What do you think Emmie? Your opinion matters the most to me." Wow, how could anyone hate this woman?

"Its beautiful Cassie. I think its the one." I smile. She smiles back and nods.

"I think its the one too." After Cassie changed out of the dress she announced that the bridesmaids would be fitted in a couple minutes. Right now everyone ate snacks and drank some fruity drinks. I was sitting in the corner while everyone talked.  Out of nowhere, I feel the other side of the couch I was sitting on, go down.  A plate is placed on my lap, I look to see Cassie.

"You should eat something, we still have a few hours to go." She points to the cupcake. I nod and take a bite.

"So how are you and Marco doing?" She randomly asks. My eyes widen and I almost choke on my cupcake. I quickly swallow.

"We uh, broke up a while ago. He cheated on me." Her eyes widen. It better to say everything than drag it out and have there ask me more questions.