12

*third person POV*

Danielle sits in the waiting room hugging the stuffed shark her sisters gave Carter the night before. Her sisters sit on each side of her on their phones. They haven't given her any information on what was going on with her girlfriend. They let their dad go back along with their mother though.

"Danielle? Come here for a minute sweetie." A nurse says kindly. Danielle stands up and follows her down the hall a bit still holding the stuffed animal. "Your parents asked me to come tell you what is going on and what is going to happen." The nurse says and Dani nods her head. "So we ran some tests and we found something wrong in the CT scan. So we took it farther with a PET scan and found some internal bleeding on the brain. She was taken into surgery immediately."

"Brain surgery!?" Danielle starts to panic.

"I'm afraid so, but we will try our best to make sure she is okay." The nurse gives her a look of sympathy and puts her hand on her shoulder. "You gonna be okay?" She asks and Dani nods her head. Honestly D feels like she is going to burst out crying, but she needs to hold it in because she is in public. The nurse takes Danielle and her sisters into the room they will bring Carter into after surgery. The girls take a seat and the nurse leaves quietly. Their parents soon walk in and take a seat quietly.

"You okay D?" Alana moves to sit next to her older sister.

"No." She whispers and starts to sob.

"It's going to be okay." Alana says calmly as she starts to play with D's hair.

"No it won't! They said they would try their best! That probably means she won't make it! Fuck them! Fuck Taylor! Fuck everyone!" Danielle cries.

"Fuck Taylor? What did she do?" Este asks with a small chuckle.

"Girls, language." Donna says softly.

"Carter said it was her fault!"

"She was high on medication, plus she isn't really a fan of Tay. You know that." Este says.

"Just shut up!" Danielle stands up and moves to the couch to lay down.

***

The same nurse that had talked to Danielle earlier enters the room with an unreadable expression. Danielle sits up from laying on the couch ready to hear what the nurse has to say. Este is the only one still in the room with D, but she is asleep. Alana and their parents went to get some food since they have been in the hospital for hours now.

"Hello miss Haim, I've got some good news for you." The nurse finally reveals her smile.

"What is it?" Dani asks eagerly.

"They are just taking Carter off of anesthesia, they will bring her in here so you can see her once she wakes up. She will feel a little pain, but she should be just as great as she was before."

"Oh my god thank you!" Danielle says happily as she stands up and gives the nurse a hug.

"You're welcome darling, I told you we would do our best." The nurse smiles. "Oh, here she is." The doctors roll a bed into the room with a sleeping Carter. The poor girl has a bandage wrapped around her head like you see in the movies.

"How long until she is awake?" Dani asks as she approaches the bed.

"It shouldn't take long for her to wake up, maybe a couple minutes?" The doctor answers her. "We will come check in her in a few, we'll let you be for a bit."

"Thank you." Danielle says not taking her eyes off of her sleeping beauty. She takes a seat at the edge of the bed and grabs Carter's cold hand. She holds her hands in her own to warm them up. "You're so beautiful, and just completely perfect." Dani says softly to the unconscious girl. "I love you so much and I'm extremely happy that you're okay."