13

*Third Person POV*

"Hello?" Carter answers her phone after it had woken her up.

"Dude! Big news!"

"God Alex! What?" Carter asks annoyed.

"People magazine wants to interview you about your surgery and have a photo shoot!" He screeches excitedly.

"Really?" Carter asks quite shocked.

"Yes! The interviewer, Emily, is willing to come to your hotel room and everything! They will do the shoot right there in Chicago too!"

"You're too enthusiastic for this early in the morning." Carter grumbles.

"Isn't it like almost noon in Chicago?"

"Yeah, but I'm still used to California time."

"Anyway, are you up for it?"

"Yeah I guess."

"Okay, can she come by tomorrow around like 2?"

"Yeah sounds good."

"Sweet! I'll let her know and talk to you later! Hope you're doing better."

"I am, thanks."

"Bye." He says and Carter hangs up the phone.

Carter lays in the empty bed and stares at the ceiling and starts to wonder what type of things the interviewer will ask her. She better not throw any shade at Taylor for the sake of her own life.

She loses her thoughts when her phone buzzes with a text from Danielle asking her if she wants some breakfast. Of course she wants breakfast, she is starving.

*

"I brought food!" Danielle says in an indescribable accent as she walks into the room with a bag full of food.

"Yay!" Carter sits up in the bed and smiles as her girlfriend approaches her. Danielle sets the food down and practically falls onto Carter. Carter wraps her arms around her tightly as she giggles. "Somebody's in a good mood!" Carter smiles once Danielle sits up in her lap.

"I am! Because we're going to pitchfork festival in a couple hours!" Danielle smiles excitedly.

"You know I can't be around loud music for too long." Carter makes a pouty face.

"I know, I have it all planned out. We are going to stay away from all the main stages where it's really loud and you can chose one set to go listen to up close. That way it won't be too bad."

"You smart girl." Carter giggles.

"So which set do you want to hear?" Danielle asks eagerly.

"Show me the list again?" Carter asks. Danielle pulls her phone out of her back pocket and searches for something for a second before showing Carter. "CHVRCHES, no question needed."

"I knew you would say that." Danielle smiles.

"Well you know me too well." Carter smirks. Danielle pulls her into a long, passionate kiss. "You also know I'm going to let you go listen to other bands when you want as well."

"I know, but I don't want to leave you."

"If I feel well enough I might just tag along."

"I hope you do." Danielle lays her head on Carter's chest. Carter rubs her back in circles for a minute before mentioning the food. They sit in the bed and eat, spilling crumbs all over. Luckily the maid will be in to clean it up once they leave.