16

*Third Person POV*

"Good morning baby, I got you a surprise." Danielle says quietly while slightly shaking Carter's arm.

"It's not my birthday." Carter says rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"It doesn't have to be your birthday for me to surprise you." Danielle kisses Carter's forehead softly and sits on the bed next to her. She hands her a small rectangular shaped box.

"What is it?" Carter asks.

"Open it."

"Tell me what it is I don't like surprises."

"I'm not telling you, open it." Danielle nudges it towards her.

"Fine." She yawns and slowly opens the box. "Danielle! We don't have time to go to Rome tonight!? Tour starts in a month."

"We have plenty of time and no arguments. You said you've been dying to go forever, so I'm taking you. We need some time alone together before we're stuck in a bus with my sisters. Things have been rough with us the last couple months, we barely get the time to say 'I love you.' We both need this."

"I really didn't need that speech to convince me, but I enjoyed it. I love you D, I can't believe you're doing this." Carter hugs Danielle burying her face in her hair.

"I want to do this for us, it will be amazing." Danielle smiles before falling into a passionate kiss.

***

"I still can't believe this." Carter shakes her head at Danielle. They just took their seats on the plane and are waiting for take off.

"I've been planning this for weeks." Danielle laughs.

"How did I not know!?"

"Cause I'm sneaky." D laughs.

"No you aren't! I literally figure out all of your surprises, except for this one."

"Maybe you should stop being so snoopy."

"You're probably right." Carter admits.

"I am right. You're a little shit." Danielle laughs.

"I'm an angel and you know it."

"Maybe sometimes." Danielle shrugs.

***

"So what are our plans for our time in Rome?" Carter asks half way through their flight.

"So we have an AirBnB in Rome for the first five days, then we will be staying in Venice the last five days." D answers.

"Venice too? You're too amazing god dammit." Carter pulls Danielle into a quick kiss. "I seriously want to know how I got so lucky?"

"I'm wondering the same thing baby girl." D kisses her cheek.

After a while of chatting about nonsense they fall asleep laying on each other, cuddled up, as comfortable as you could possibly be on an airplane.

***

*Carter's POV*

We've been in Rome for a few hours now, it's so beautiful. The whole atmosphere is so enjoyable. The people are amazing, and so far the food is the best part. I really can't believe Danielle surprised me with this.