1

*Danielle's POV*

I slam Este in the face with a pillow to get her to shut up and listen to me.

"Hey, I'm going down to the bar." I tell her.

"I'll come with you." she stands up.

"No stay, please. I want to be alone."

"Are you alright?" She asks concerned.

"Yes, I'm fine. You two just get fucking annoying." I say like I'm joking, but I'm not. I love my sisters more than anything, but sometimes I need a little break. Which is human.

"If you aren't back in an hour with out texting me I'm coming for you." Este says being protective like she always is.

"Okay, don't worry about me." I say.

I finally get out of the hotel room and head down to the hotel bar.

I see a girl sitting alone and I decide to take the seat right next to her.

"Is it alright if I sit here?" I ask her.

She turns to look at me and she is gorgeous.

"Yes, of coarse." She smiles.

I feel my face get warm and I smile back.

The bartender hands her a drink and she thanks him. "What can I get you?" He asks me.

"I'll have the same as her, it looks good." I say. He quickly makes it and hands it to me. I take a sip out of the straw. "You have great taste in drinks." I say to the nameless girl next to me.

"Thanks, I guess. I just told him to give me his best." She giggles.

"Oh." I blush, I feel stupid.

"So what's your name?" She asks.

"Danielle." I smile.

"I like it. I'm Carter." she says and grabs my hand to shake it. "So are you here by yourself?"

"Yes, well no. My sisters are back at the hotel room." I answer her. I don't know why I'm being so jumpy around her, she is intimidating. Not like she is scary. She is sexy.

"That's fun. Did you just need a little break from them?"

"Exactly." I giggle at the thought of them. "Are you here with anyone?" I ask and pray to God she doesn't say anything like 'Yeah I'm here with my boyfriend/girlfriend/fiancé.'

"No, I don't have anyone to travel with, so I go alone. Plus it's for work."

"Do you like traveling by yourself?" I ask. The thought of traveling by myself scares me.

"Not exactly. But I love traveling and meeting new people." She answers. I can see and feel hurt deep down inside of her.

"You don't have any sisters or brothers to travel with?"

"No. I have siblings though." She looks away and then down at her feet. I can tell she doesn't feel comfortable saying anymore. "I'm sorry I should stop talking. I don't want to burden you with my issues"

"No. You're fine, say anything and I'll be here listening."

She goes on telling me how she moved away when she turned eighteen and started the life she wanted to live. She slightly told me about her family, all she said is they lost all contact with her because they don't agree with the life she is leading. I don't know what kind of life she is leading, I know her name and a tiny piece of her story.

"Tell me some of your traveling stories." I say when I realize she is getting very sad.

She starts telling me some of her stories about the places she has gone. Her face has lit up and she looks so much more beautiful. I'm so interested in every word that comes out of her mouth. The way she talks is so captivating.

"Hey, you didn't text me." Este comes up behind me.

"Sorry." I look up at her then back over to Carter. She had stopped talking and she is just sitting there smiling.

"It's fine. I don't feel like drinking so I'm going back up to the room. Are you coming with me?" Este asks and I watch her as she speaks.

"I'm good right here." I answer still looking up at her.

"Okay see you in a bit." she says and I watch her walk away.

I turn back around to where Carter was. She is now gone, but there is a piece of paper in her chair and a tip on the counter for the bartender.

I pick up the piece of paper and unfold it.

It was really nice talking to you. I'll see you around.
Love, Carter

Awww she is so cute. I leave a tip on the bar and go back up to the room. I hold the note in my hand and continue looking at it while I make my way there.

I walk into the room to see Este watching tv on the couch with Alana asleep on her shoulder. Este looks up at me.

"What are you so happy about?" She smiles. I feel my cheeks go red and I just continue on and go into the washroom.

I change into shorts and a t shirt then get into bed. I try to fall asleep, but I can't stop thinking about her. I try to figure out what makes her so special, maybe I just haven't figured it out yet.