15

*Este's POV*

"Hey Este?" Danielle says softly.

We just sent Carter and Alana to the grocery store to grab something to cook, since we are only home for a little over a week the fridge is empty.

"Yeah D?"

"Can I ask your advice on something?"

"That's what the eldest sister is for, isn't it?"

"I guess." She shrugs. I can tell whatever she has to ask she is nervous about. Which means it's probably really important to her.

"Anyway, what's up?" I turn to her to give her my full attention.

"Well..." she pushes her hair behind her ears, her nervous habit.

"Should I be worried?"

"No." She shakes her head. She stares into her lap, pausing for quite a long time.

"D, what's up? Spit it out." I lift her chin so she's looking at me again.

"I just don't know how to say it." She looks away towards the window.

"So you want me to play the guessing game again?" I ask and she nods. This is D's favorite game. She really is bad at communication. "You're nervous about tour?" I ask, she shakes her head. "You hate the new album and you've been faking your love for it this whole time?"

"No!"

"You're having girl troubles? Carter troubles?"

"Well.. sorta." She shrugs.

"Sorta? You want to break up with her!?" I ask and my heart drops to my stomach just thinking about it. I've grown to really love Carter like my own sister.

"No!!" She shouts.

"Oh god. I'm glad."

"The exact opposite actually."

"Oh my god Danielle!!!" I stand up quickly and jump up and down. I dance around screeching in joy, I've been WAITING for this! "D!! OH MY GOD!!!" I start crying.

"Este, chill out." Danielle shakes her head and laughs at me.

"How CAN I!?" I wipe my tears and wrap D in the tightest hug pulling her off her feet. She giggles and hugs me back as best as possible. "So you're going to ask her to marry you?"

"Yeah." D smiles the biggest smile I've probably ever seen on her. "Wanna see the ring?"

"Of fucking coarse! Oh my god. Oh my god I'm so excited."

"You HAVE TO keep it a secret." She warns me.

"I promise on my mother fucking life." I say and link pinkies with her.

I follow her to the kitchen and watch her climb onto the counter to get in the highest cupboard full of junk her and Carter never use.

She pulls out the tiny box and opens it for me to see. I barely get a glimpse before Alana and Carter walk in the door singing some new Lana Del Rey song. She throws it back inside the cupboard and practically jumps into my arms.

"Sister hugs!" I say playing it off. "Sister hugs!" she repeats.

"What the fuck did we just walk in on?" Carter asks setting the groceries on the counter where D was just was.

"Sister hugs!" Alana says joining us in our hug. How oblivious.

"I'm not joining. Weirdos." Carter laughs and leaves the room. Alana soon follows her back outside to bring in more groceries.

"Smooth." Danielle laughs. "I'm not telling Alana."

"I don't blame you." I laugh.

***

*Third Person POV*

After a long couple of days of press interviews and whatever else to promote the album the girls finally have the day off.

"What do you all want to do today?" Este asks laying on the couch staring at her phone.

"Sleep." Danielle answers.

"Beach day!" Alana suggests.

"Beach day!" Carter repeats.

"The beach does sound fun." Danielle agrees.

"Beach day it is." Este says. "That was easy for once, everyone agreed."

"We don't always argue." Alana says.

"Yeah we do." Danielle argues.

"She's not wrong." Este joins in.

"Example A." Carter laughs.

Everyone went their separate ways to get ready for the day. Este and Alana temporarily moved in with Carter and Danielle while they tour. It's better than paying for rent times three when you won't even be around.

*

"Which bathing suit are you wearing? I can't decide." Danielle asks Carter.

"My favorite black one. Wear your red one, that one is sexy as fuck." Carter replies from the shower. "And put some clothes over it before I see it, else you'll be dressing twice."

"Why would I be dressing twice?" Danielle asks confused. "Oh..."

*

Este and Danielle lay out hoping to get a sun tan, while Alana works hard to bury Carter completely in the sand.

"Do not put sand on my head." Carter warns her Alana.

"Thought you wanted to be buried." Alana says and plops a big handful of sand right on Carter's head.

Carter quickly breaks out and grabs Alana's arm. She breaks free and runs away. Carter scoops up a handful of sand and chucks it at the back of Alana's head. Alana does the same but misses her target and hits her sisters instead. They gasp at the same time. Este quickly gets up and heads straight for Alana.

Alana books it and belly flops into the water with Este charging behind.

Danielle simply stands up to brush the sand off of herself, which is pointless because her sand covered girlfriend gives her a grainy hug from behind.

"Oh my god Carter I'm going to drown you." Danielle gasps.

Carter books it to the water where Este and Alana are splashing and wrestling each other. She dives into the waves. When she comes up Danielle is there to grab her from behind.

Instead of drowning her like she said, she just hugs her girlfriend. Which was a mistake because Carter quickly pulls her down into the water.

Carter makes it up by pulling Danielle back out of the water and giving her a loving hug and kiss. The affection doesn't last long, thanks to a wet ball of sand smacking her back.

And the sand war continued until someone got hurt. Well not seriously hurt, probably not hurt at all, Danielle just threw sand in Alana's mouth.