19

*Danielle's POV*

"Good morning mom, good morning Dad!" I say cheerfully as I walk into my parents kitchen where they are enjoying their morning coffee. I left Carter home and came to drop off some jewelry I bought in Rome for my mother that I had forgot to bring the other night.

I sit down and go on to tell them how excited I am about Carter and I's engagement. My mom gushes about how she cannot wait to see how beautiful I'll look in a white dress and all the other motherly things. My Dad stays silent and reads his news paper the entire discussion.

"I'm going to go try these earrings on and see if they match my new outfit." My mom says as she gets up and leaves the room.

I sip on my coffee in silence for a while while she's gone.

"You're really getting married to that girl?" My Dad asks with an annoyed tone.

"Yes of course." I say trying to keep the mood light. I've tried so hard to forget what he said about our relationship a couple years ago.

"Hmmm. How does that work?"

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"How do you love her? How does she provide for you? A woman can not give you what a man can."

"Dad... she gives me everything I could ever possibly need and more. I have a home with her, I have a family with her, I have everything with her."

"So she is your family now?" He asks, his tone getting slightly more angered.

"Well I want to start a family with her."

"Hah impossible!" He chuckles.

"It's not actually."

"Danielle, you need to find yourself a good man and stop messing around. These things will get you nowhere in life. This girl will ruin your career. A man could take care of you, she cannot." He goes off.

"Are you fucking serious right now?" I ask. I'm not taking this shit. "Carter gives me everything she fucking can, she quit her career to stand by my side. She's given up everything to be with me, to be in love. She has no family anymore. I'm literally all she has and she gives me every bit of love she has. If you can't understand this then don't show up at my wedding." I storm off to say goodbye to my mom. I've never been so angry in my life. He has insulted me, and the thing I love most in this world.

"Mom, I gotta go. I love you." I say and hug her tight. She doesn't need to know about that conversation with my father.

"Wait, doesn't this look darling together?"

"It looks absolutely beautiful mom, you look gorgeous."

"Oh Yelly, I have to wear these beautiful earrings to the wedding!" She says excited. Her happiness makes my fathers anger fade.

"You've got a while to decide on your earrings." I smile, "but we've got to make sure you don't look too good. We can't let you steal the attention away." I say making her laugh. I adore my mom so much, she is my idol.

"Do you really have to go Yelly?" She asks.

"Yeah... Carter has some things planned for the day." I make that up, today is a lazy day with a couple hours of tour rehearsal in the basement. But I need to get out of here before I have to face my father again.

"Aw okay, you have fun and be safe." She hugs me tightly.

*

"Hey Car? What's wrong?" I ask as I walk into our bedroom. Carter is sitting on the floor leaned up against the bed, her head in her hands. I get no reply so I kneel down in front of her and pull her into my lap. I stroke her hair softly and she lets out soft sobs.