Chapter One

[Sierra]

Sierra awoke early one Monday morning to a cat licking her cheek.  Her eyes fluttered open, and she squinted as sunlight shone into them.

"Celieeee," she groaned, giving her cat a little push.  Celie meowed and pawed at Sierra's hair. 

Sierra swatted at Celie, who immediately bounded away.  Sierra snuggled back under her blankets, grateful for the peace.

Suddenly, her eyes popped back open in panic as realization loomed over her.

Love Never Dies rehearsals started today. 

Sierra threw the blankets off and frantically ran to her bathroom.  Luckily, she had been thinking the night before and had an outfit ready to go.  She quickly pulled on her leggings and a short sleeved purple v-neck shirt. 

Quickly, she ran a brush through her hair and pulled it up in a messy bun.  She applied a small amount of makeup with the little time she had remaining.  She slung a coat over her shoulders and turned off the lights.  Figuring she'd grab breakfast on the way, Sierra quickly grabbed her purse and headed out the door.

It was a cool January morning, yet London was already bustling.  Sierra, who had a flat not far from the studio they'd be rehearsing at, had decided to walk to rehearsals.

Her decision proved futile as she quickly began shivering.  The six blocks felt like they had been six hundred by the time Sierra made it to the studio.  A cool gust of air followed her in as she stepped inside.

She rubbed her hands together and patted down her hair before entering the actual studio, which would serve as their stage until they moved to the Adelphi Theatre.

Come on, Sierra, you've got this, she mentally told herself as she carefully grasped the door knob.

Suddenly, the door burst open and out stepped a handsome young man.

Sierra's green eyes met his brown ones, and he cracked a smile.

"You're Sierra Boggess, right?" He asked.  She slowly nodded, rather taken aback.

He chuckled.  "You alright?" He checked.

Sierra quickly snapped back to reality.

"Oh, yeah, sorry.  Just nervous," she mumbled. 

"Same here.  I'm Ramin Karimloo," he stuck out a hand to her.  She gently shook his hand, noticing how soft his skin was, though his fingers were slightly calloused.  She also noticed that he had an adorable accent, though she couldn't quite place it.

Wait, Ramin Karimloo?  So this guy was her Phantom?  Sierra had lucked out big time! 

"Nice to meet you," she managed.  He smiled again.

"They just sent me out to see if you were coming," he explained.

She frowned.  Was she really that late?  That wasn't good for her reputation on the first day of rehearsals.

"Am I really that late?" Sierra quickly checked her phone for the time.  She noticed a new text but ignored it for the time being. Despite her late wake up, she was five minutes early.

Ramin held the studio door open for her, and Sierra noticed how muscular he looked in a fitted gray shirt. 

"No, not late at all." Ramin assured her.  "Andrew just wanted to start a few minutes early."

"Oh, okay." Sierra nodded, internally cursing herself for sounding like an idiot.

Luckily, she was saved by none other than Andrew Lloyd Webber himself, who rushed over to greet them.