Chapter Twenty Four

[Ramin]

Ramin hurried back to his dressing room, a smile on his face.  He didn't know if it was still from kissing Sierra or the energy he still had after such a spectacular opening night. 

When he opened the door, he found Mandy laying on one of his couches.  She gave him a weird smile.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, trying not to sound rude.

"Is there a problem?" She snapped, getting up off the couch and approaching Ramin.

"Uh, kinda, since I need to get ready for the press event." Ramin tried to move past her, but she blocked his way.

"Come on, Ramin; you always have time for me." Mandy smirked at him.

As Mandy ran her fingers down his arms, he wondered why he always let her get her way.  Didn't he have a say in how his life turned out? 

Ramin shoved Mandy away.

"No, I don't have time for you; we're done." He said, brushing past her.

"What are you talking about?" She hissed.

"Let me break it down for you.  You, me, done.  D-O-N-E.  Done!" Ramin spoke as if he were talking to a child.

"You don't know what you're doing." Mandy warned.

"Actually, I'm quite aware of the fact that I'm improving my life.  Now get out!" He snapped.

Mandy, who looked shocked she wasn't getting her way, fled the room.

Feeling triumphant, Ramin turned to his mirror and took of his prosthetics.  He removed his wig and costume and changed into a more modern suit. 

He couldn't keep the smile off his face as he headed out the door, free at last.

[Sierra]

"Sierra, will you marry me?"

Sierra didn't know how to react.  Of course she didn't want to marry Tam.  He was nothing short of a monster.  But she was afraid that if she denied him, he would hurt her, or, worse, someone she cared about.

But then Sierra realized that she had to put her own happiness first.  She certainly didn't want to be tied to Tam for life.  She'd be miserable and wouldn't be in her right mind. So there was her answer.  Now she just had to tell Tam.

"You think I want to marry you?" She laughed.  Tam's eyes grew dark and stormy.

"You're playing a dangerous game, Sierra." Tam warned.

"I'd be playing a game of certain death if I were to marry you." She shot back.

"Watch your back, Sierra.  You'll pay for this." He threatened as he backed out of the room.

Sierra turned away triumphant.  She could hardly wait to see Ramin.