Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

[Sierra]

The rest of the week went by quickly between recording and rehearsing with Tam at the studio.  Sierra found it all rather exciting, and she grew excited for the upcoming photo shoot.

On Friday, after recording the title song, Sierra was told she would be going to the rehearsal studio to run through "Please Miss Giry..." with Ramin, Summer, Liz, and Charlie.  Sierra quickly gathered her things and hailed a cab to take her to the studio.

She found herself growing nervous as she entered the studio.  This was the first time they were really rehearsing the final scene.  Before they'd just run through the blocking without music or anything.  Sierra took a deep breath as she entered the studio.

Ramin was goofing around with Charlie by the piano in the corner, and Summer and Liz were warming up together.  Sierra smiled to herself as Andrew hurried over.

"Hello, Sierra; sorry I missed your recording session today," he apologized. 

"That's alright.  It went well," Sierra told him.

"Good, good.  Now we're going to review the blocking really quick and then we'll run through it," he informed her.  Sierra nodded as Andrew got the others' attention.

Fifteen minutes later, after they'd rehearsed the blocking, Andrew and Jack positioned themselves by the piano and nodded for Charlie and Summer to begin.

They sang through the first part and then Sierra ran over by them, Ramin and Liz at her heels.

"Gustave!" She cried.  Summer grabbed Charlie's arm and held him away from her, pretending she was about to drop him off the pier.  That was Sierra and Liz's cue to stop running, but Ramin inched a few steps in front of Sierra. 

Summer sang through her part and then pushed Charlie back to them.  Sierra took him in her arms as Ramin began to try and console Summer.

Before she knew it, Summer had shot the fake gun and she was in Ramin's arms as he ordered Liz to get help, who ran to the wall-which was currently serving as offstage-and waited with Summer. 

Sierra sang to Charlie, who had real tears in his eyes.  This motivated Sierra, and she felt her eyes water.  She revealed to Charlie about his real identity and then he ran off screaming, leaving Ramin and Sierra to duet the last part.

Ramin had his arms wrapped tightly around Sierra as she sang.  Finally, it was time for Sierra to fake-die.

"Come closer," she began softly.  Ramin adjusted Sierra in his arms. 

"Closer still," Sierra sang gently.  She weakly smiled at Ramin, who also had real tears in his big brown eyes. 

"Remember love never dies." Sierra felt her pulse speed up as she sang her last line.  "Kiss me one last time,"

Ramin slowly leaned in and Sierra barely stretched up.  She barely had time to prepare herself before Ramin's lips met hers.  She slowly put an arm around his neck as the music changed, signaling her death. 

She let her hands fall as she remained absolutely still.  Ramin kissed her dead body for a moment longer before pulling away and holding her tight.  Sierra kept completely frozen as Ramin laid her on the ground and Summer came to mourn her. 

After Ramin and Charlie had their moment, Sierra heard Andrew and Jack applauding and she opened her eyes, quickly jumping to her feet.

"That was excellent!" Jack praised them.  Andrew nodded in agreement, a smile brightening both their faces. 

"Very good chemistry," Andrew nodded approvingly at Ramin and Sierra, his eyes glinting.

Sierra blushed a little, and she saw a pink tint rising in Ramin's cheeks.

After that, they were dismissed.

"Have a wonderful weekend!" Jack called after them as Sierra put on her jacket and slid her sunglasses on. 

As she was walking out, she saw a hand reach forward and open the door for her.  She turned around and saw Ramin grinning at her.

"I bet you've never seen an Iranian blush before," he joked.

Sierra laughed as they stepped outside into the freezing late-January air.  The first of February was tomorrow, which meant they had only three weeks until their first preview.

Sierra got chills that had nothing to do with the temperature as she thought about it.  They would be in the rehearsal studio next week and then the week after they'd be moving to the Adelphi and then the week after that, previews. 

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Ramin reach into his bag and pull out something.  She quickly glanced over and saw a camera.

"Since when are you a photographer?" She asked as Ramin angled the camera at the sky and quickly snapped a picture.

"Since last night," Ramin chuckled.  Sierra giggled as Ramin held out the camera so they could scroll through the pictures he'd take in the last eighteen hours.

Sierra laughed at some of the closeups of Ramin's toothbrush.  "What inspired you to take pictures of that?"

Ramin shrugged.  "It looked artsy." He said simply.

Sierra laughed.  She realized that they'd been walking in the direction of her flat, away from Ramin's.

"Oh, I'm sorry; you should've told me we were walking away from your flat," she quickly apologized.

"I didn't even realize it," Ramin looked around them. 

They stood there for a minute, neither knowing what to say. 

"Well, I guess I'd better get going." Ramin finally cleared his throat.

"Of course," Sierra nodded. 

Suddenly Ramin leaned forward and looked into her sunglasses and began running his fingers through his hair.

"Mmm, I look good.  I mean really good." He said, struggling to keep a straight face.

Sierra immediately laughed as she took off her sunglasses, swatting him in the arm.

Ramin pretended to wince in pain.  "Son of a bee sting," he grumbled, causing Sierra to laugh again.

"Is that all you do?  Quote Anchorman?" She asked, still giggling.

Ramin grinned.  "Pretty much,"

Suddenly, a taxi pulled up on the curb next to them and the back window rolled down.

Tam waved to them and called out to Sierra.

"Come on!  Get in!" He said.  Sierra sighed and turned to Ramin.

"Guess that's my cue to leave then," she said.

Ramin's heart was deflated, too.  "See you Monday," he said before walking in the opposite direction.

Sierra watched his back for a moment longer before reluctantly joining Tam in the taxi.