Chapter Six

[Sierra]

On Monday morning, instead of taking a cab to the studio, Sierra gave the driver the address of the recording studio.

It was a slightly longer drive, but Sierra kept herself occupied by reviewing her schedule for that day:

Monday:
Recording begins at 9:30am
Today's songs:
Dear Old Friends
Look With Your Heart
Mother Please, I'm Scared
Before The Performance
Rehearsals at the studio begin at 3:00 and end at 5:30

She looked up and saw that they had arrived.  She checked the monitor, paid the driver, and quickly entered the recording studio. 

Sierra wandered over to the door that had a sign that read QUIET, RECORDING IN SESSION taped to it.

She carefully opened the door and stepped inside.  She saw Summer sitting in a chair by the wall, so she quickly took the empty spot beside her.

"Who's recording?" Sierra whispered.

"Ramin's doing "'Til I Hear You Sing"," Summer replied.  She was popping gum and tapping her freshly manicured nails on her knee impatiently.

Sierra knew recording could take a long time and when you weren't in the studio it was rather boring, but she still found the whole thing rather exciting.  She leaned back in her chair and pulled up her schedule on her phone to review it for the millionth time; she hated feeling unprepared.

Ten minutes later, Ramin closed the door to the actual studio and approached the two girls.  Sierra lifted her head and smiled at him.

"'Morning," Ramin greeted them. 

"How was recording?" Sierra asked, mostly to make conversation.  She couldn't really put her finger on why, but she always seemed at a loss for words when Ramin was around.

"Pretty good.  Tiring, considering I woke up an hour ago, but still good," Ramin chuckled.

Sierra laughed, and she found herself lost in thought as Summer and Ramin began comparing schedules.

Sierra noticed that Ramin had gotten a haircut.  Just a trim, but she noticed anyway. Then she wondered if that was creepy, being able to notice the slightest difference in his hair length.

Suddenly, Summer jammed her elbow into Sierra's side.

"Ow!" Sierra yelped, leaping up from her chair.

Summer smirked.  "Well, it worked."

Ramin chuckled, high-fiving Summer.

"What?" Sierra snapped, gently massaging her side where Summer had hit her.

"Sierra!" She heard Jack snap from the studio.

Sierra immediately blushed, forgetting about the pain in her side.  Jack gestured for her to come quickly like he was flagging down an airplane.

Sierra quickly shot a death glare at Summer and hurried into the recording studio.

"Sorry about that, Jack." She apologized, setting her bag down on a chair. 

"Just go in the booth over there," Jack told her.

Sierra quickly did as she was told and slipped the headphones on. 

She stood there for a moment, and soon after Charlie Manton, who was recording the role of Gustave, entered the booth across from Sierra.

She waved at her stage-son, who smiled at her and cheerfully waved back.  While they were waiting for the tech people to set a few more things, Sierra made funny faces at Charlie, and she watched him shake with laughter.