Chapter 28: Awkward

"Hey.", I said walking towards Luke giving him a kiss.

"Hi gorgeous.", he smiled.

"What do you want to do after school?", I asked.

"anything you want.", he said opening the door for me.

"Thanks.", I said and waited for him to get into the car. "Maybe we could go to the mall?"

"Yeah, sounds good."

When we got there, we walked into Forever 21 hand in hand. While walking around, a cute simple romper caught my eye. It was garnet, one of my favorite colors and perfect since fall just started.

"What do you think of this?", I asked Luke.

"It's cute but it would look cuter on you."

"Aw babe. Let me try it on." I made my way to the dressing room.

"What do you think?", I walked out the dressing room for Luke to see.

"More than beautiful.", he smiled.

I smiled. "I guess I'll buy it!"

"I'll buy for you." Luke said.

"Aw babe, thanks!", I gave him a kiss.

"What do you think of this romper?", I hear a familiar voice. I looked to my left and see the stuck up cheerleader, Britney. She was wearing the same romper as I am. And she was here with Josh.

"Oh, your also trying that romper on?", she fake smiled. "Oh and hey Luke!"

"Yeahh..." I said. Luke just smiled at her.

"What do you think about it on me babe?", she said to Josh.

"It looks good.", he said.

"Aw, thanks.", she said and they kissed.

"Um, I'm going to change.", I said and went back into the dressing room. I could feel her staring at me as I walked into the room.

When I was done I walked out to Luke.

"I don't think I am going to get the romper.", I said to him.

"Why not?", he asked concerned.

"Yeah, why not?", Britney said. She was still wearing the romper.

"I don't really think it looks good on me.", I said. "Let's go." I pulled Luke to leave.

"No, you should get it. Your the only one who looks beyond amazing in it.", he looked at Britney and then smiled at me.

I could see a disbelief look on her face.

"Like I said, I'll pay for you.", Luke said. The air was getting tense and awkward. I could feel Josh looking at us. "Let's go pay." Luke took my hand and we walked to the check out line.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wow! You guys bet the goal! And most of yall didn't say anything bout the goal and just voted. But the people who did comment said they like setting goals so I decided I'm going to keep doing it :) and I updated because you guys beat the goal 💟!! thanks for reading!

Random question: what's your zodiac sign?
I'm a cancer-Leo since I was born on a cusp :)

Goal: 25 votes for the next chapter

Xoxo,
Crystal