Chapter 36: Dates

*Phone buzzes- a text from Luke*

Luke: Good morning beautiful 💕

Madison: Good morning, you're too sweet

Luke: only the sweetest for you 😉

Kaylee was still asleep and she looked happy. Reminding me of the morning after my first date with Josh. Consequently, I got another text.

"Mhm I wonder who?", I thought to myself.

It was Josh. I felt my heart drop. I was so nervous and afraid to open his message but I went for it.

Josh: Hey, could you tell Kaylee to call me back asap. She's not answering my texts and calls. I have a surprise date plan and I want to make sure she doesn't have any other plans. Don't spoil the date for her.

Madison: yeah, sure.

I didn't even know why I still had his phone number in my phone.

"Hey Kaylee.", I tried walking her up.

"Yeah?", she said half asleep.

"Josh wants you to call him back as soon as possible".

She got up really quickly. "Wait, why?"

"I'm not sure why but it sounds like fun!", I smiled.

"Omg! I'm so excited", she squealed. "I'm gonna go call him back", she grabbed her phone and went into the hallway.

I'm truly happy for her. She seems happy.

"He said he planned a surprise for me!! He told me to get into some cute but comfortable clothes. Something I can walk around in".

"Aw, that's so cute!"

"Ah, I'm so excited but nervous. I don't know what to wear. Can you please help me??", she seemed really excited but nervous at the same time.

"Yes. But first, calm down", I laughed.

"Sorry, I'm worried he might not like me. I don't want to mess this up".

I grabbed her hand to calm her down. "You're an amazing girl, don't worry about it. You're perfect for him". I felt a little down when I said that and I hate that I feel that way.

"Thank you so much. You're the best sister", she hugged me.

"You too. Now let's get ready!", I got up and we went to her suite case.

"Maybe you could wear some jeans shorts and a cute top with converse? Or athletic shorts with niki shoes", I said.

"Oh yeah, that's cute and comfy. I think I'll wear jean shorts".

"Sounds good! Then I think you should just straighten your hair and put on light makeup".

"You know best", she smiles at me as she shuts the bathroom door.

As I wait for her to be done, I text Luke.

Luke: Do you want to go eat then to the movies?

Madison: yeah, I would love that :)

Luke: I'll pick you up at 12 😘

Madison: can't wait❤️

"Kaylee! I'm also going to get ready since Luke is picking me up in a bit"

She opens the door quickly and pokes her head out. "Ooo, cute! We should totally have a double date sometime!", her smile kind of fades, "I mean if you want".

"Um sure, maybe", I change the subject. "What should I wear?"

"Well what are you guys doing?", Kaylee asks as she fully opens the bathroom doors and straightens her hair.

"Lunch and then a movie".

"Something casual. Jean shorts and a cute top. You have that really cute 'off the shoulder' top you should wear".

"Oh right! Thanks", I went to my closet and grabbed my outfit.

"So what time is he picking you up?"

"At 12".

"Oh great! Same here.", she puts up her straightener and applies foundation.

Oh great, ugh. "Oh cool".

I put on my jean shorts from American Apparel, my rose gold/pink top from Forever 21, and my white converse. I then put my hair in a bun and it on some light makeup.

*ding dong*

"Oh! They must be here!", Kaylee runs out of the room and I follow her.

She opens the door and I see them both standing there.

"Hello beautiful", Luke steps inside and gives me a kiss.

"Hi", I smiled shyly.

"Hey Kaylee", Luke says to her.

"Are you ready?", Josh asks Kaylee.

"Yeah, let me grab my purse", she smiles and runs up stairs.

"Wow I'm surprised you guys have lasted this long. She hasn't cheated on you yet?", Josh laughs as he says so to Luke.

"Shut up", Luke was getting angry. I held him back.

"Ready!", Kaylee comes down the stairs. "Bye Madison, bye Luke!" They walked out the door.

"I can't stand that guy", Luke says.

"I know babe but he's not worth your time", I have him a kiss.

"Ready?"

"Yeah", I grabbed his hand and we left my house.

~~~~
I hoped you guys enjoy! And how are your summers going so far? :)

Goal: 40 votes for next chapter

I also want to say thank you to everyone who has been so patiently waiting for the next chapter! I'll be updating soon since it's summer❤️

-Crystal