The Royal Family

The dress Rebecca wore to dinner.
______________________

"There, perfect! Now you go have supper with Prince," said Madame.

I blanched.

"Pardon?" I gaped.

"Well, darling, what did you think I prepared you for? Bed? No! Now go! Supper start in ten minutes," she rolled her eyes.

I gulped, then started for the door. I'd have to face him? What would I say? What would I do? Then I steeled myself.

I know what I'll do. I'll ignore him completely that's what. I held my head high as I left the room, following the smell of cooked food to the Dining hall.

And there he was, my captor. He wore a formal, navy blue tux with a black tie. His hair was kind of ruffled though, like he'd been running his fingers through it. His piercing blue eyes bore down on me as I entered the room.

I heard someone clear their throat, so I turned to see... Oh my god. No way. I saw the king and the Queen sitting at the far end of the table. The king looked slightly bored while the queen looked inviting.

I curtsied in a hurry. The queen chuckled before telling me to rise. I did, then fled to my seat at the other end of the loooonnnng table.

Dinner was brought out, which was a delicious pot roast, a salad and a bottle of red wine. I ate my food timidly as the awkwardness in the room grew and grew. Finally the queen intervened.

"I assume the room us to your liking?" She asked.

I looked up at her surprised, then swallowed before speaking.

"Of course, your majesty. Everything is perfect," I replied, a little chocked up.

She nodded then smiled.

"You're from the White family, correct? Your father is a very smart man, and your mother is very charming. Tell me, what do they have you doing day in and out?" She asked.

I smiled back timidly.

"Well, your majesty, my parents are very traditional. I, of course, know how to sew, play piano, guitar and the violin, ride a horse, I speak multiple languages and have the highest of education. Usually I'll be studying, reading or practicing music," I told her meekly.

All those lessons were a pain, but now I'm definitely glad I went through with them. She nodded, understanding.

"I remember when I took all those bloody lessons. A real pain, aren't they?" She asked, grinning wickedly.

I stared at her wide eyes before nodding.

"What languages do you speak?" Asked Maddox, looking intreated as he leaned forward, his eyes shining.

I made sure to wipe any emotion from my face when I responded.

"Spanish, French, German, Italian, Latin, Russian and Mandarin."

He smiled devilishly at my indifference towards him.

"Impressive. I only speak one more than you. Japanese," he said, looking proud of himself.

I tried to keep my face blank as I promised myself to learn two more languages.

"Te gusta mi casa?" He asked. (Do you like my house?)

I glared at him.

"Si, es muy bonita y muy... Abrumador. Yo describir la falta de mi casa y mi familia," I reply stiffly. (Yes, it's very beautiful, and very overwhelming. I miss my house and my family.)

"Tu estas un telephono en tu dormitorio. Tu podes llamar Por telephono dos veces un semana." (You have a telephone in your room. You can call twice a week.)

"Por que dos veces?" I asked, stifling my frustration. (Why twice?)

"Ya que yo soy simpatico." He answered, looking away as he drank his wine. (Because I am nice.)

I felt my face heat with anger so I quickly looked down to mask it. God, he makes my blood boil! The kingdom's women are insane! He may look like a god, but he's just an arrogant bully.

"If I may be excused, I feel a bit drained and would like to retire," I asked, looking at the queen pleadingly.

"No," said Maddox at the same time his mother nodded.

He looked at her, waiting for her to change her mind.

"Go ahead, sweety," she said, smiling gently.

I gave her the most thankful face I could before standing up and walking as gracefully as possible out of the room. Once they couldn't see me anymore, I took off towards my room.

Suddenly, something grabbed my arm, causing me to jerk to a stop. I remember this law of motion I learned in science when I was twelve.

An object in motion stays in motion unless interrupted by an outside force. Maddox was my outside force.

I bumped into him when he stopped me, but he didn't move a muscle; he just kept his hand on the crook of my arm.

"Yes, your majesty?" I asked with restrained anger.

He grinned at me mischievously.

"Come to the garden with me," he demanded.

"I apologize your highness, but I cannot. No matter how much I simply adore your presence, I am utterly exhausted," I objected, trying to free my arm.

His hold didn't budge as he brought me closer so that there was no space left between our bodies.

"I simply must insist. And you may call me Maddox," he said, his blue eyes enticing me.

I pinched my lips in annoyance before nodding. He smiled beautifully at me. A lot of girls would kill for him to smile at them like that.

"Good. Let us be off then," he stated, pulling my arm into the crook of his elbow and leading the way.

I looked away from him, attempting to ignore his presence. No matter how charming he can be, I will not stay here forever.

He simply cannot make me.