Marriage

Maddox gave me a stern look.

"Come on, Rebecca. Let's be honest," he commanded.

I tilted my chin higher, but I saw the determination in his eyes. I sunk slightly.

"I'm so sorry," I whispered.

He looked confused.

"Why?"

"Your father...."

He sighed, sad.

"My father has been a stubborn, aggravating man, but I know he cares about me. I can't let him suffer the burden of the crown the last days of his life," he explained.

I gulped.

"I know."

"I know we haven't known each other for very long, but I've known that I wanted you as a queen for a very long time. I can't imagine anyone who would be better," he admitted slowly.

I looked down.

"I just don't want you to make any decisions you may regret," I say softly.

He cubed my chin.

"I don't regret anything. I just wish we could've had more time instead of being rushed into a marriage."

I nodded agreeing with him. We were quiet for awhile, then he sighed. He knelt down.

"Rebecca White, will you marry me?" He asked, looking at me with all the hope and sincerity in the world.

I took a deep breath and let it out as a single word.

"Yes."
....

"Hello, Laban. This is Henry Colins on Chanel 49 news. We have the prince and high duchess white here with some big news," said the news anchor.

I looked slightly over at Maddox who was looking intently at the camera with a practiced smile.

"Take it away, your highness," said the news anchor jokingly.

"Thank you, John," Maddox replied, then took my hand.

He felt relaxed as he drew circles with his thumb. I guess he is used to the attention.

"With the coming war, Laban has been pressed tightly with stress. But you do not have to worry. We have a superior army and more natural resources. With that in mind, I have an announcement: I am being crowned king."

He gave the world a moment of silence before continuing.

"And Rebeca White will be your new queen," he said, bringing my hand to his lips lovingly.

I think we just stunned the country.

________________________
Sorry it's so short! But this is an important chapter. Love you guys!