Waking up

The light burned as I blinked open my eyes. What in god's name? I groaned as I turned around, cuddling deeper into my pillow. The pillow stretched and wrapped it's arms around me. I giggled.

My pillow has arms. How funny! Then I jolted. Pillows can't stretch! They have no muscle! I looked up sharply to see a sleeping Maddox. I yelped, and turned to run but fell out of bed.

Maddox startled awake, looking around, alarmed. He relaxed seeing it was only me.

"What is the meaning of this?! Why am I in your room?" I shrieked, then winced.

Ugh, my head is pounding. Maddox chuckled.

"You mean you don't remember?"
I paused.

Oh god.
......
Flashback

I laughed loudly as I pulled away from Maddox's hold. He stared at me weirdly but smiled. I twirled around then winked at him.

"Maddox? What do you say? Let's play a game. It's called, find the vixen," I giggle.

Maddox cocked an eyebrow at me.

"I run, you catch. If you find me, you get a prize. If you can't find me, you lose me forever," I pouted playfully.

His eyes widened at the odds.

"Ready set go!" I yelled, then took off.

A few minutes later, I found a great hiding spot under the stairs. I crouched down before noticing it was occupied. A middle aged man laid there, looking pleased at my arrival.

"Hey sweet heart. Want a drink?" He asked, waving a mysterious glass.

"Oh that'd be great! Maddox cut me off..." I complained, taking the concoction.

He smiled as I brought it to my lips and sipped. I giggled at the taste. What a funny drink! But a few minutes later, I started to feel light headed.

I stumbled out from under the stairs, where the man had called for me to stop, but had hit his head trying to come after me and was cursing, still in his original position.

"Maddox!" I slurred loudly.

"Rebecca?" He called.

"I'm by the crazy lady with the green hair!" I screamed.

The lady gave me a rude look, then hmphed and turned away. A few seconds later, he broke through the ground up to me.

"Where were you?" He growled, annoyed.

I giggled and stroked his cheek.

"Under the stairs with the creepy man," I smiled.

He paled.

"Creepy guy?"

"Yeah he gave me a drink and it made whoozy," I hiccuped.

He paled further.

"Are you ok? What do you mean a drink?"

"Shhh!" I whispered, smearing my finger over his lips.

"You found me. You deserve a prize," I said.

He gulped as I brought myself forward. Suddenly, the world spin sharply and everything went black.

I felt someone catch me before I fell to the ground.

End of flashback

No way. That didn't happen.

"I see, so you do remember," he chuckled.

I paled.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," I replied stubbornly.

He rolled his eyes at my ignorance.

"Come now, Rebecca. Let's be truthful," he scolded.

"I don't remember anything!" I snapped, turning away and crossing my arms.

He was silent for a moment, so I turned hesitantly to look at him. I felt a shiver go down my spine. His eyes were dark with barely restrained anger and his muscles were tensed.

He stood tall and straight like his fury filled him to the top.

"You may want to forget what we experienced. But I refuse to. I never thought you would be this cold about my passion," he spat before turning and storming out.

I felt like time froze. He thought I regretted the kiss? Did I? It was the best first kiss I could ask for. It filled me with butterflies and made my world spin.

So why am I acting like this? I don't regret it. I feel... Afraid? Insecure? Do I actually... Love Maddox? No way. But this is how love is described in all my books.

I don't understand. I looked as Maddox walked away. The only thing I did know was that I didn't want to be without him.

"Wait!" I called, running forward.

I launched myself at him. He spun just in time to see me coming, for his eyes to widen, then for him to catch me. He rolled me into his body so that he took the blunt of the fall.

"Rebecca? What are you-"

I pressed a heated kiss to his lips. He responded after a shocked pause. I pulled away, panting.

"I remember. I'm sorry. I don't regret it!" I said sincere.

He looked at me with wide eyes before smiling.

"Good," he murmured, then pulled me in for another kiss.

We were interrupted by a cough. I scrambled up to see a butler looking at us both blankly.

"The King requests your presence."