Debating of Draco

I woke the next morning to more confusion then ever. How was I ever supposed to be around him anymore? To talk to him, work on projects with him, stand with him, be around him, I began to daydream...NO! What was I thinking!? I had to try to ignore it. To act normal. I slowly stood up and began to change, my palms sweaty and shaking because I was so nervous...to see Jason? Ya, that was it. It had nothing to do with the fact that I had Potions with Dra-NO MALFOY today. I rushed out into the morning light and sighing portraits of Hogwarts. Running down the many moving staircases until I finally reached the Dungeons. I slowed down, hoping not to run into anybody on the way in. CRASH! I careened forward after being bumped into from the back and turned to snap at the person who did it.

"Hey what the heck is your problem du-" I stopped mid-sentence. Of course he had to run into me, had to be him, no one else. Malfoy. He looked at me and I immediately got butterflies, there was no way I was going that easy though. I turned around and strutted off in my sassy walk, trying to ignore how amazing he looked today.

------------

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen, or should I say witches and wizards. Today we will be learning how to brew a love potion. I know I know, this is advanced stuff that we should be careful with, but I think, do to the talent here, he glanced at Harry, we should move on to bigger and better things. Get out your things everyone, chop chop!" Slughorn finished his speech and we collected our things. I brought out my cauldron and began searching for my book. When eventually I couldn't find it I decided to ask to share Harry's.

"Harry can I share your book? I left mine in the dorms..." I said.

"Ummmm..." He squirmed uncomfortably. "I dunno if that is a good idea..." He slid his book over anyway. It was covered in scribbles and odd marks and spells, deforming the words and changing the ingredients. I took a chance and decided to follow the new directions, hey I couldn't get any worse could I?

By the end of the class period Harry and I's potions were perfect, and Hermione was incredibly frustrated. I just ignored her and excepted the praise from Slughorn, glancing over at Draco in the hopes that maybe he noticed. He did. Our eyes caught each other for a moment before I blushed and looked away, hoping no one had noticed. Just then the teacher dismissed us and I stumbled out the door. I had to stop with this Draco thing! I walked out of the classroom quickly, trying to avoid Malfoy and his ice blue, captivating eyes.

I ran up the seventh flight of stairs towards the astronomy tower, hoping to get some air. Eventually the large stone pillars came into view and I quickened my pace. I leaned over onto one of the pillars and gratefully caught my breath. Just then a hand grabbed mine and spun me around.

"You will come around someday Amara, one day we will be together." Draco whispered, his eyes caught mine, refusing to let me look away. I almost chose him then, but I was too strong to leave Jason over a silly feeling.

"Mm mm no Malfoy, you're going to have to do better than that after the way you treated me and my friends." I pushed him away with all of my strength, ignoring the feeling inside me that wanted to reach out and wrap my arms around him. Then I sashayed away, leaving a stunned Draco Malfoy behind.