My New Man

The next morning, I strutted through the halls, my confidence renewed with the thought of what I was about to do. Harry caught my eye the second I walked into the great hall, and a quick glance up at the teacher's table showed me that my grandpa was missing too. Perfect. Draco's blonde hair caught my eye, so I knew he wasn't missing. Good.

"Hey Harry!" I said enthusiastically, sitting right next to him. Hermione looked at me incredulously, warning me against what I was about to do, I did it anyway. "So I know you've been wanting to go on that date for a while, how about tonight?" Harry's eyes almost popped open in surprise, and Ron let out a little choked sound. Hermione just put her head in her hands, shaking it back and forth, but I could see her smiling under her curtain of hair. I knew Harry and Ginny had a thing going on, but that wasn't a concern for me.

"Uh, sure. I-i guess." He stuttered, I smirked. He was right where I wanted him.

"Ok awesome!" I bent in close, whispering in his ear. "I'll see you tonight." I winked, then kissed him on the cheek. I sashayed through the doors of the great hall, knowing it was going to be a great semester.

-------------

I sat in History of Magic, my eyes drooping as the stupid ghost drawled on and on. The end of the day was near, and I would have my fun, but I had to be good for now. Eventually the class let out, and I practically ran to the fat lady portrait. She didn't have any complaints, surprisingly enough, and I continued through without a problem. All it took to get ready was a few swipes of makeup and doing my hair, then I swapped my robe for a cute jacket in case my outfit got too cold. I then grabbed a peice of paper and headed towards the owlery, getting ready for the first stage of my plan.

I attached the note quickly to a nondescript bird, not wanting Draco to know who the note was from. He had another class to go through before reaching his room, so I told the bird to cruise around for a little, then go to his window. I then skipped down the stairs, preparing to meet Harry.

"H-hey Amara." Harry stuttered when he saw me, I loved the way he looked at me, even if this was just an act. "I thought we could maybe go to Hogsmeade with the Mauraders Map."

"Cool! Sounds fun." I replied. He held out his arm, and I gladly accepted it, letting him lead me where he wanted to go.

--------------

After returning from Hogsmeade with Harry, I was smiling like crazy. Harry may not have been my type, but he was sure fun to hang out with. I laughed along with him at one of his dumb jokes about the Slytherins, and checked my watch, preparing for the second stage of my plan. Draco had the only room in the Slytherin dungeons with a window, and it looked out on a small courtyard, exactly where I was leading Harry. We reached a small bench, and I took his hand, sitting down to look at the fountain with him.

"I had a great time, you're actually really great." I said, unleashing my signature smile.

He stuttered slightly, "Y-ya it was awesome, thanks for going out with me Amara." I smiled at him, feeling a little guilty for playing him, but just then the owl flew over my head to Draco's window, and I knew it was time.

I leaned in slowly to Harry, encircling my arms around his neck. He made the move and kissed me sweetly, completely unlike anything I had ever experienced before. I smiled, hearing Draco's window open, and remembered what the letter had said:

Look out your window, how does it feel now that I've moved on from you? Is it really about my happiness, or just all about your image? Oh well. I hope Pansy's sour, swollen (your welcome) lips are good company, because that's all you have now. Have a nice life you backstabbing Slytherin, because that's all I think of you as now. Oh, and did I mention? We're breaking up.

Kisses! -Amara

I kept up my facade, knowing he was watching, then broke apart to look at Harry. "I think I really like you, Harry." I said, just loud enough for Draco to hear. His window slammed shut as mine and Harry's lips met again.

------------

I walked back from my date with Harry, a smug smile planted on my face. Job well done, Amara. I thought to myself. Just then, a rough hand grabbed me.

"WHAT WAS THAT AMARA!" Draco screamed at me. "I LOVED you! HOW COULD YOU?!"

"You'd already done it to me Draco, thought I'd return the favor." I said, not allowing my emotions to break the surface.

"This isn't the same situation, Amara!"

"IT"S EXACTLY THE SAME! REVENGE!" I finally broke away from him, pushing his chest back. "I'M BETTER WITHOUT YOU! HAPPIER! Harry's a good person, unlike you. And give it up with your caring facade, I know you don't give a crap about anyone." I began to walk down the hall, then turned, letting out what I had wanted to say since the moment I saw them on the train. "This is the end of us, Draco, and the only one you can blame is yourself."

I made it halfway down the hall before running into yet another someone I didn't want to see. Pansy stood in the middle of the hallway, quaking in anger. Her swollen lip was pulled back in a terrible snarl. In my haste on the train I had forgotten about what had happened over break.

My eyes widened in horror as Pansy pulled her wand from her robes, her expression showing no mercy, and advanced slowly down the abandoned hall.