Two.

Lauren

5 months pregnant plus your boyfriend being shot plus your best friend killing 3 people equals what? Pure fucking stress.

"How you feeling?" I questioned Rakim as we walked down the hall to the elevator.

"I'm good, happy to be goin' home." He responded as we got on the empty elevator. The door closed when I pushed the button to go on the last floor.

I felt Rakim's arms wrapped around my waist while he kissed my neck.

"I love you." He mumbled in the crook of my neck.

"I love you too." I chuckled when he rubbed my stomach.

"Don't think you're off the hook. I'm still pretty mad."

I heard him sigh and removed his hands from around my waist. He leaned up against the elevator wall and looked at me.

"Lauren, really? We did that shit for YOU."

"Killing someone is not the answer to everything." I mumbled looking up to see what floor we were on.

And all of a sudden, the elevator stopped working.

"You got to be fucking kidding me." I semi yelled hearing a buzz throughout the elevator.

"So sorry for the shutdown, remain calm and the elevator will be back up shortly." We heard a woman say over the little intercom that I didn't even know they had.

I looked over at Rakim who was looking at me weirdly.

"What?" I raised my left eyebrow.

"Why you always gettin' mad when I'm tryna protect you?"

"You know I appreciate you protecting me, but that could have been handled a different way."

"How? That nigga only know about guns?"

"Lauren, listen," he walked closer to me. "I will kill whoever that tries to harm you and our child, I don't care."

"What if something happen to you? What am I gonna do?"

"Nothin's gonna happen to me, man."

"I hope not." I mumbled as he pulled me into a hug. He pulled away while I slid to the floor, crossing my legs cause my legs were hurting. Rakim chuckled and sat beside me.

It wasn't anything but pure silence roaming around the elevator.

"Your beauty cannot be defined, by the standards of a colonized mind." Rakim spoked out of nowhere pulling me onto his lap as my heart skipped a beat.

"Your name fits your personality so beautifully, every time I see you, it's somethin' new to me," He caressed my cheek while we stared into each others eyes.

"Your smile is so polite, that makes a nigga hate to leave your sight," he smiled at me.

"I look for ways to say I appreciate you, for the lil things you do," he licked his lips.

"I stare at you because I can't believe, that I finally found my queen," I looked down and he pulled my head back up.

"I stay quiet just to hear you talk, I walk behind you just to see you walk," I could honestly feel the butterflies from five months ago.

"I love you, Lauren, so much."

"I love you too." I responded as we heard the elevator ding, signaling that we're going down.

"Sharp nose ass." He chuckled pecking my lips.

"Boy, have you seen your nose? That bitch huge." I laughed standing up.