Four.

Lauren

I think it has finally settled in that I'm going to be a mother, a teen mother at that. Never saw myself taking up this responsibility, hell I didn't even imagine myself having a child, forcefully.

I forgave Rich. I had to but I never will forget. I had to forgive him to move on with my life. I can't keep feeling sorry for myself or feel like I'm not worthy. Holding grudges aren't good and I'm actually better.

I don't know what the future holds for me, the unborn baby, and Rakim but for now you can say we're a family, I guess. I really didn't want Rakim taking up the responsibility for a child that isn't biologically his. I know he is hurt and I can't blame him for it. I really don't want him missing out on his life to stay behind and help me raise a child.

But I absolutely am thankful for everything he has done for me and what he continues to do for me.

I can truly say, I love his mean sss.

"You're so excited." I laughed seeing Rakim look at the posters around the room.

Today I had a doctor's appointment to get an ultrasound and maybe found out the sex of the baby. Rakim was so geeked to coming that we literally got here an hour early. This was his first time going to a doctor's appointment with me, mostly because I had to have an adult with me. So since Rakim is now an adult, he's here with me and more excited than I am.

"What this is?" He picked up a bottle and looked at it.

"That's what they put on my stomach." I answered hearing the door creaked open. The doctor walked in and smiled at us.

"Good afternoon, how are y'all today?" She greeted putting hand sanitizer on her hands.

"I'm good." I smiled getting comfortable on the seat.

"You're ready?" She smiled at me. I nod my head and lift my shirt up, exposing my belly.

Rakim walked over to me and studied what Dr. Mai was doing. I felt the cold substance on my stomach.

"Lauren." Rakim spoked looking at the monitor and hearing the baby heart beat. A saw a smile rose on his face causing me to smile.

"The baby is doing absolutely fine." Dr. Mai smile while still looking at the monitor.

"Do you think we can find out the sex today?" I asked.

"We can definitely check."

"Well, it looks like you're having," she smiled looking at the both of us. "A baby girl!"

My heart dropped while a smile rose on my face. I'm having a baby girl!

"Congratulations!" Dr. Mai smiled.

Rakim stared at the monitor with the most prettiest smile ever. I didn't even noticed he was squeezing my hand.

"I will be right back, you can wipe that off your stomach." Dr. Mai announced walking out of the room.

"Yo, we're havin' a girl." Rakim bent down and kissed me.

"I know." I smiled looking at my stomach.

"Sorry about that." Dr. Mai said coming back into the room and handing Rakim the pictures.

"It's alright." I pulled down my shirt when I was finished wiping off my stomach.

"I have a few questions before you can leave," she sat down in the rolling chair. "How have you been? Mentally?"

"I've been good." I responded.