Twenty One.

Rakim

Years of stress was finally lifted off my shoulders once me and Lauren walked across that stage. I never even imagine myself graduating let alone with a high GPA. This shit is surreal. I went from getting straight F's and D's to getting C's, B's and some A's, all thanks to my baby for not giving up on me.

All I needed was for someone to motivate me and help me. So damn glad her ass came along.

I sat at the table waiting on my little nigga, Dee. I promised myself I wouldn't come back to this jail after experiences I had back in the days, but I had to come see my homie.

I saw his short ass coming around the corner with an officer behind him. The officer took off the handcuffs and placed them in his pocket. I cringed once I saw that, I never wanted Dee to be in this position.

"Wassup, bro." Dee tried to handshake me. I pulled his ass into a hug, a brotherly hug.

"Rocky hugging? Can't believe this." Dee laughed once we sat down. I chuckled and licked my lips.

"How you holdin' up?"

"Straight."

I looked at his busted lip and squint my eyes.

"Yo, what happen?" I pointed to his lip.

He bit his lip before speaking.

"Got into a fight a few days ago with some grown ass man."

"What for?"

"Nigga tried to take my food. It was some chicken and I wasn't having that, a nigga was hungry too."

I burst out laughing.

"Aw shit, did you win?"

"Man, you already know Dee with the shits."

"Ahhh," I hand shook him. "We miss yo ass."

"I miss y'all too. You talked to my moms?"

"No, I was goin' over there today."

"Can you please tell her to pick up the phone when I call?"

"You know I will. My fault for all this shit. I should have told you it be some undercover cops everywhere."

"Nah, my dumbass shouldn't been tryna sell drugs in the first place."

"Ima get you out, bro. I can't stand to see you in here."

"Man Rock, you ain't got to do that."

"I know I don't, but I am."

"Preciate it, how's everybody?"

"Lauren misses you, Loren is almost 4 months. Your boy done graduated from motherfuckin' highschool."

"Aw shit! Congrats, dawg! Tell Lauren I'll be out soon and make sure you bring Lo to come see me when I get out."

"Preciate and will do, oh yeah, you still writin' raps?"

"Gave up on that."