Twelve.

Rakim

I walked around the spacious apartment, looking for the bathroom that I somehow couldn't find. It was funny cause I've been looking for the bitch damn near five minutes. This apartment isn't that big enough for me to not find a whole bathroom.

"You finally found the bathroom." Lauren said once I walked into the kitchen, seeing her put up groceries.

After a whole week of debating whether we really want to take this huge ass step and explaining to our parents on how responsible we are, Lauren and I was finally settled in, in our own little apartment.

I know Lauren moving out at sixteen is a little too much for her age but listen, we got this. Her parents had a disagreement with me on this situation but I promised then I got her. Lauren mature ass been trying to move out at fourteen. I guess we're growing up too fast, that's what they're all saying.

Today will be the first time we've stayed here. Yesterday was consist on cleaning everything, including the toilet, tub, sinks, counters, oven, refrigerator, and etcetera. All that was clean, but we had to make sure it was extra clean.

Lauren went all out with furnishing the place. I know you're probably like, how we managed to get all this shit?

Well, I've been saving up when I use to sell drugs. I never been the one to spend my money on unnecessary things so I made sure I saved it. I also save a lot of money from working at the plant and cutting grass in the summertime. Last, Lauren saved up some money from her jobs as well, so we had a decent amount to get what we needed.

"So you knew I was lookin' for the bathroom and ain't tell me where it was at?" I asked.

"You knew where it was at, you're just high."

"No I'm not." I responded getting the loaf of bread off the counter, stuffing slices in my mouth.

"You're definitely high."

My eyes diverted to her stomach while I leaned on the counter. I will catch myself a few times just staring at her stomach.

"Aye, you gone cook?" I asked a few seconds later.

"No, Taya coming over to cook for us."

"Aw shit, I hope she cook some shrimp." I said just when we heard the doorbell ring.

I looked at Lauren and she looked at me. I stuff another piece of bread in my mouth as we heard the doorbell ring again.

I threw my head back as I begin walking to the door.

"Damn, the fuck y'all was doing?" Ferg and Taya yelled once I opened the door. I politely closed the door on them as Lauren walked up to me.

"Now let's try this again." I heard them smack their lips. I open the door to see an annoyed couple.

"Bitch." They said in unison, walking in. What the fuck are they? Twins?

"I'm goin' to ignore that." I walked off dragging Ferg with me.

"What you givin' me? A tour?" Ferg laughed while we walked to me and Lauren's room.

"Fuck nah, I'on do that shit. But check this out, how bout we got some shit to handle."

"Like what?"

"Somebody robbed the trap. Dee almost went to jail and Slim ass still tryin' to take A$AP out."

"Aw shit, fuck Slim, he ain't gone do shit, but Dee straight? Do he know who robbed the trap?"

"Yeah he straight and he said some dude that fucks with Slim, heavy."

"We'll handle that shit, tired of their asses."

"Say no more, but what's been up with you?" I hit his chest. "We kinda been distancin' ourselves, bitch."

"I was just talkin' to Tay bout us, but nah just been focusin' on Tay and Chloe. Chloe's birthday tomorrow, y'all invited to her party at Cassie's house."

"Word? I gotta buy lil mama some. Speakin' of Chloe, how you manage to deal with a girl?"

"Shit kinda hard, especially since I wasn't in here life for two years. It's getting easier, though."

"I think when Loren is born, I wanna get a DNA test."

"You feel like she's yours?"

"Yeah." I responded, feeling my phone vibrate in my pants pocket.

"You talk to L about this?"

"Nah, I'ma talk to her about it first."

"You know how hype that'll be if Lo is yours?"

I started smiling. If Loren is my biological child, I'll love her the same as if she isn't my biological child.

But it's something about her having my features that I really want.

Hope she's mine.

Lauren

"Rakim, stop eating up all the food." I whined taking the bowl away from him.

I was eating leftovers at the moment, well trying to eat but Rakim fat ass wanted to eat up all the food.

"No. A nigga hungry too." He stood up to go finish putting the cherokee crib together.

"How and you had like three plates?"

He ignored me and finished putting the crib up. I started laughing causing he was getting frustrated.

"Use that piece." I pointed to the longer piece. He picked the piece up and it fit. He smacked his lips.

He stood up, dragging the crib to the wall, setting up everything.

I watched his every move, rocking in the rocking chair like an old lady.

We painted, well Rakim painted the room yesterday. It was like a pale yellow, but it was very pretty.

We've managed to get the rest of the baby stuff we needed, including a crib, dresser, & car seat. Everything else, we already had thanks to our family and friends. They really outdid theirselves.

"Hop up." He demanded helping me up. He sat down in the seat and pulled me onto his lap.

"I thought you was fixing to go."

"In a few."

"Where you heading?"

"To the loft, finna hang with the boys since I haven't in a long ass time."

"Okay." I said fiddling with my nails.

"You gone be up when I get back?"

"Not a guarantee."

"Try, I wanna fall asleep together."

"Aw, alright." He kissed me then I stood up.

"Be careful." I said as we walked into the living room.

"Will do, love you."

"Ehh, I kinda love you." I smirked a little.

"Oh aight." He laughed kissing my forehead.

My laughter caused him to fan me off. I walked behind him out of Loren's room, turning the light off. He exist out the door while I went into the living room.

Wow. Moved out at the age of sixteen. Growing up too fast, man.