Fourteen.

Lauren

The sound of Loren's cries, woke us up out of our sleep.  We both groaned at the same time as Rakim lift up from the bed.

"I got her," I mumbled getting up before him. "Get some sleep."

He took no chance and got back under the cover. I let him sleep because he had an early shift which was in about three more hours.

I quickly turned the baby monitor down and walked to Loren's room. I picked up her crying self and laid her on my chest.

"Shh shh." I shhed her, rubbing her back as I walked to the kitchen to fixed her a bottle.

Her cries had finally died down while I tossed the bottle in the microwave for a while.

It dinged and I took it out, shaking up the bottle. I tested the temperature of the bottle by squirting a little on my hand.

It was the right temperature so we traveled back to her room. I cut the little lap on that sat beside the rocking chair and sat down in the chair.

She looked at me as she started drinking the bottle. I yawned then smiled at her, watching her drink her milk.

I tried breast feeding when I was at the hospital, but Loren declined. Every time I tried, she'll spit it out and cry.

We've been out of the hospital for a week now and when I tell you, it's been hectic.

The first couple of days were the worst of all. She had me and Rakim up all night and morning. Once she went to sleep, she'll wake back up.

We were so tired.

Having school work and taking care of a new born is very complicated. I've figured out ways to managed that but I still be tired. I honestly get like 3 hours of sleep. I'm not complaining though.

Hearing the shower running, broke me out of my thoughts. I looked at Lo who was finished with her bottle and now sleep.

I stood up from the rocking chair and walked over to Lo's crib. I slowly placed her in there, watching her run over her closed eyes. She turned her head, getting comfortable.

I kissed her cheek and put the little blanket over her even though I know she's going to throw it off herself. To be a week old, this girl is smart.

I cut the little lamp off and went back to our room, getting in the bed.

I just sat there, because I couldn't sleep. I turned the baby monitor back up and picked up my phone that was on the charger.

I checked the time which read 4:35 am. I looked up to see Rakim walking in our room. He cut the light on, making me squint my eyes.

I looked at him and he looked like he was worn out. I hate seeing him so drain when he goes to work and he leaves from work. I know these extra hours is taking a toll on my baby.

I got up and walked over to him. He looked at me and I pulled him into a hug, stepping on my tip toes to kiss him.

"Sorry." I mumbled looking up at him.

"Stop sayin' that." He licked over his bottom lip and run his thumb over my left cheek.

"Get some rest, I'm finna go."

I unwrapped my arms from around his neck and sat on the edge of the bed, watching him get dress.

He finished getting dress and walked over to me.

"Don't stress yourself out." He mumbled against my lips.

"Okay." I mumbled back as he looked at me.