Five.

Taya

I groaned and sat up in my bed. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and stood up, pulling down my basketball shorts. I looked around for my other sock and slid it on. I jogged downstairs and walked to the kitchen seeing my mother at the kitchen table, chopping up drugs.

Every morning, nothing new.

"Can't speak?" She asked lowering her nose and sniffing up the substance. I grabbed the bottle water and watch her sniff another line. I shook my head and walked back upstairs, to my room.

Taya Chanel Moore, who is she? I will like to know the same thing. Some basically know my life story but there is still shit I managed to not tell anyone.

It's just not that important.

I finished my morning hygiene in the bathroom and walked to my room and to my closet. I laid out some clothes not something too dressy.

I put on some undergarments and put on my clothes. I took my medicine before I forgot.

I unwrapped my hair and part it in the middle. I slid on my shoes and grabbed my phone, purse, and house keys.

I'm never home. I'm either at Ferg's or work. I be trying to get as much hours I can get cause I hate being at this house with my "mother."

I walked out of the front door, not bothering to tell my mother where I was heading. It's not like she care anyway.

I shivered at the cold weather while I managed to not fall on the slippery sidewalks. I got in the car and put my seatbelt on.

"Thank you." I mumbled turning the heat up.

"No problem, I need your help with something anyway." Lauren said while driving off.

Of course she needs help with something.

"You always need help with something." I pulled out my now cracked phone that my mother managed to crack when she was upset at me.

"I do not." She laughed stopping at the light.

I smiled at the text Ferg sent me and replied back to him.

Our relationship is so weird. It's consist on joking and laughing. We never take anything serious. If he sneeze, I will literally start crying laughing.

Something is telling me this isn't going to last long though.

"He always got you smiling." Lauren chuckled looking at me then back at the rode.

"Please, Rocky be having your cheeks burning." I laughed putting my phone in my Tommy Hilfiger jacket as we pulled up to her house.

"Lies."

"Girl, if he wink at you, you'll start cheesing hard as fuck." I chuckled getting out of the car with her.

"Whatever." She responded walking into her house.

"Hey big mama!" I greeted hugging her. She pushed me off of her.

"For why?" I smacked my lips. "Tryna show love here, ma'am."

"Hey Taya!" She laughed going into the basement.

I shook my head and ran up the stairs to Lauren's room. I bust open the door and jumped on her bed.

"I have wonderful news." Lauren smiled from ear to ear.

She's forever smiling, which is good cause I hate to see my bestfriend down.

"Ooooh spill it."

"So you know I had a doctor's appointment two days ago, right?"

I nod my head and took off my jacket.