Nine.

Ryan

I covered Kaleb up with a blanket and sigh. Today was me and Rich's birthday and I miss my brother like crazy.

He didn't get a chance to see his nephew which really broke my heart. I wish I could see him one last time.

Every since Rich's death, I've been focusing on my three month old son and this relationship me and Slim trying to work out.

He's a great father and all but I'm not really looking for a relationship at the moment. One, because I haven't never actually been committed in any relationship and I will hate to up and hurt Slim.. commitment issues are a bitch.

He sent me a long paragraph today saying happy birthday and how much he appreciate me and how much he loves me. It was sweet and honestly made me cry.

I grabbed Kaleb's car seat and walked downstairs. I sat him on the floor and went to the kitchen to make sure I had everything in his bag.

When I was all set, I placed my jacket on and grabbed his baby bag and slug it around my shoulder. I searched for my keys which was on the table and picked up Kaleb.

I quickly walked to the car, starting it. I scrapped Kaleb in and looked to see was he still sleeping, luckily he was.

It was February and I was thankful it wasn't snowing or I wouldn't be going anywhere.

I walked to the passenger side and buckled up my seatbelt.

I think my brother knew his time was coming. Literally two days before his passing, he came in my room and handed me a wad of cash. He told me if anything happens to him, his car is mines.

I traveled the twenty five minutes to Slim's house and pulled into his drive way.

I cut the engine and took my seatbelt off. I grabbed Kaleb's bag and car seat and walked up to the door. I knocked once and Slim open the door.

He smiled at me and I smiled back. I walked in, placing Kaleb on the couch. I turned around and was pulled into a hug by Slim. I wrapped my arms around his neck and sniffed his amazing cologne.

"Baby." I sigh a little still in his arms.

"Yeah?" He mumbled in the crook of my neck.

"I have to go."

"You comin' back, right?" He asked, lifting up from my neck and looking at me.

His hazel eyes, which I've grown to love, stared into my eyes.

"Yes."

"Be careful, baby." He kissed me catching me off guard.

"I will." He unwrapped his arms from around my waist. I went to kiss a sleeping Kaleb on the cheek and left.

I got back into my car and started driving to my destination.

I cut the engine off and grabbed the blanket from the back. I put the keys and my phone in my pocket and got out the car.

I open the gate to the graveyard and immediately went to my brother's grave spot, hoping not to step on anyone.

I laid the blanket down on the cold grass and sat down. My ass was freezing but I didn't care, I wanted and needed to talk to my brother.

"Hey big brother," I started off looking at his stone.

"I miss you so much, I think about you everyday and I know you're looking down on us, smiling. Grandma recently went to the doctor and they said she beat cancer," I smiled a little. "Your nephew turning three months on the 28!"