23

"Sammy what happened?" Dean strides over to the couch.
"She's- she's d-dead." Sam sobs as he buries his face into his hands.
"Sam. Who's dead?" Dean asks before he realizes, Jess.
"There was a fire and, and I should've been there. I-I loved her so much and she's d-dead." Sam sobs.
"Shh quiet down Sam. It's gotta' be hard I know" Dean holds his limp crying brother against his chest.
Cas walks out of the room, unsure of what to do.
Dean searches for Cas' direction then signals for him to grab two beers.
Cas reaches into the mini fridge, grabs two beers and then grabs some shot glasses and vodka for good measure. Sure you could argue Sam's to young but he was needing it.
He quietly sets them on the table and goes into him and Deans room to leave the brothers alone.
Maybe he should've grabbed a beer for himself, this was going to be a hell of a long night.
Eventually Cas falls asleep on top of the bed sheets with a deck of Braille cards spread out under him.
Around four thirty in the morning Dean walks in with his brother sleeping in his arms.
"Cas? You up?" Dean whispers so he won't wake up Sam.
"Mhm, I am now." Cas groans as he sits up and rubs his eyes.
"I'm gonna' put Sammy in the other bedroom I'll be back in a minute." Dean states.
"Okay do you need help carrying him?" Cas whisper shouts so Dean can hear him well.
"No he ain't heavy, he's my brother." And with that Dean walks back out.
Once he comes back in he room he sighs and sits down on the bed.
"You okay?" Cas yawns and pulls Dean into himself.
"Of course not. I'm just glad Sam was able to fall asleep. He's gonna' crash here until he's back on his feet, he may need to take off a year from school. I hope that's o-"
"It's fine Dean, he could always stay with my brother Gabe if needed. It might help for him to have someone." Cas smiles as he rubs circles onto Deans back.
"I don't even know the guy, Sam can't go live at some random guys house."
"Uhm actually Gabe is homeless. He could stay with Sam here, they could get jobs and help pay the rent I'm sure." Cas nervously fiddles with his fingers.
"Your brother is free to stay with us. It will do Sam good. He's distraught. How old is Gabe?" Dean rubs his face, noticeably tired.
"He's twenty-one."
"Alright that's cool. Can we sleep now, my head hurts." Dean grumbles.
"Yeah babe, it's been quite the eventful day." Cas sympathetically smiles, knowing Dean can sense it.