Two

We arrive at the publishing house, the manuscript in my hands, and Liam next to me. We stopped at a coffee shop because I hadn't eaten anything. It only took a couple minutes, I hope Matthew won't give me shit. I've gotten use to calling my father by his real name because I have to when I work. If people were to find out I was his son they'd look at me differently, they'd think I only work for him just because I'm his son and get privilege, and not because I actually went to college for this. It's not like everyone who works here is my friends, most of them are fucking annoying. I only talk to a few people, Liam being one of them.

Once we get to the fifth floor Liam and I headed to our office.

The day went slower than usual. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't distracted the whole day by a particular face. I've never seen a face so exquisitely pure, her fair skin looked smooth. Now that I think about it I want to assuage her pink cheek, it was very pink when I saw her, and her smile made something tingle inside me following with a heart warming feeling.

What's gotten in to me? I've never took the time to admire beauty like this before. Usually I look at a girl and just think she's alright, or hot. Now that I look at a young girl, I'm suddenly head over heels? Get your shit together, Malik.

-

"You coming over?" Louis questions me with Liam by his side. I was unlocking my car when he asked me they wanted to smoke some pot in his house.

"I'll call you," I nod.

I don't mind smoking a little pot, it's nothing too extreme. As I drive back home I wonder how would my friends react if I told them I had these feelings inside, especially if told them feelings for another person. I don't want to jump to conclusions and say I like this girl, but I definitely felt something. It's odd for me to have this connection with someone, to even have these rare feelings because my friends know I'm just a guy who'd fuck anything with a vagina.

I ended up going to Louis' flat because I didn't have nothing else to do. Curiosity got the best of me when I was in search for her, maybe she was at school, after all she looked like she was still in high school or if she just graduated. Either way she had the face of a young girl.

I realized I was daydreaming when Louis hit my shoulder to pass me the blunt. I hesitantly grabbed it, placed it in between my lips, and inhaled. I closed my eyes as the smoke filled my inside, after a few seconds I exhaled, instantly relaxing. I knocked the burnt end and passed it to whoever was their turn. I wonder if she had ever smoked pot before, or even a cigarette, but I wanted to know either way. I wanted to know everything about this girl, every tragedy, every memory, and every fall she had in her life.

I closed my eyes and let my head fall back. I swallowed, viewing her in my head. Her dark hair, almost black was pulled in a ponytail that gave me the urge swirl it around my finger. Her fair light skin decorated with brown eyes and ruby, plump lips.

I struggled to keep a muffled sound from escaping my sinful mouth. I shouldn't think of her in this way, it was wrong of me. Part of me feared that she was still a minor, but the other part of me was thrilled that there could be the possibility she was young and innocent. I've never been with a younger girl, I could imagine the tightness of her...

Fuck...

I have no filter today.

It was almost seven, I didn't have to go home but I wanted to. I knew if I wasn't the first one to bail, no one would leave and I didn't want them to get pulled over. I wasn't high enough for you to tell, my eyes weren't bloodshot, maybe a little red, but I could just say I'm tired. Also, my voice isn't low and slow. I said goodbye and went about a store mostly for junk food, I haven't had a proper meal since a couple months ago when I was at my mother's house. I don't want to go back to my mother's unless the son of a bitch of my half brother is there. He's such a snobby, little rich kid who thinks he can disrespect my mother.

I was sitting on a maroon, leather couch in which I know its expensive. Next to me was my idiot half brother because my father didn't bother to use protection. We're complete opposites; he's cut clean, clear skin, no tattoos, proper grammar and shit. I, on the other hand was the man you'd tell your daughter to stay away from, but we do share one thing; we're both assholes. Something we inherit from our father, probably.

"I'm starving," he whined, as if his voice wasn't annoying enough that I have to hear his fucking whines.

"The food is almost ready, Oliver," my mother kindly said. I don't understand how she could be so kind to people, some of them don't deserve it. Not even me.

"Can you hurry up? I don't have all day to wait for you, I'm sure the food won't be as good as my mo-"

I didn't let him finish that sentence. My fists grabbed ahold full of his white collar, and lifted him up from the couch. I ignored my mother's pleads to leave him alone. I didn't hurt him as bad as I wanted to, I only punched him once. Afterwards, my father came running down the stairs and started yelling at both of us.

-

I came to a halt when I was in the middle of unlocking my door. Someone was coming out of the apartment. I was disappointed when the girl's mother came into view and not her, she looked at me and smiled. She was carrying a bag of trash, I assume she was taking it out.

"Oh, hello," she said, extending her hand. "I'm Christina."

I look down at her hand before putting mine on hers and shaking it. My lips are pressed together holding a small smile.

"Zayn."

After I said my name, she immediately retrieved her hand. I frown in confusion. I watch as her face turned from excitement to disgust. I wanted to ask her what was wrong and why she was looking at me like that. Instead I ignored her presence and went inside, I closed the door behind me and thankfully she was gone.

Weird, old lady.

__.__

I promise the good stuff will come soon! I have a little writers block, Im sorry!

in the mean time, please vote and comment, thank you!