Seven

Comment, comment, comment! I love comments! (Read authors note at the end please)

In this moment I found out two things. One being, Annabelle getting irritably frightened by her mom, and second, I now know Annabelle's full name. Annabelle Rose, both innocent names, so smooth to the roll of your tongue.

I was brought back to reality when I heard the mad woman's voice.

"I could call the police on you for kidnapping my daughter!" She pointed at me.

"Ma'am, you daughter just needed a ride back home, and I-"

"I didn't ask for your explanation, for all I know everything you say could be a lie.."

"Mom, h-he's telling the truth." Annabelle finally speaks up, her voice is small and fragile, I'm afraid she will break right before my eyes if her mother yells at her.

"Don't you dare defend him!" She yells. Annabelle flinches and scoots back.

"Ma'am, she would've missed a whole day of school if it wasn't for me. Her friend didn't come to pick her up, and I offered to take her."

Christina, as I remembered, didn't say a word. Her face had a hint of confusion and disgust. She looked at me to Annabelle, who was nearly crying.

"You stupid, naive little girl," she whispers, in which held venom.

"Wha.." I was not expecting that. She was insulting her daughter, as if this was all her fault. Anger started building up.

"Get inside Annabelle Rose, and I don't want to see you when I go up there. I want you in your room studying. Right now."

Annabelle didn't move. I hadn't realize she was so close to me enough to hide away. I could hear her deep breathes in which held fear for her mother.

"Now!"

With that Annabelle jumped and was already walking towards the door. I was expecting her mother to follow behind, but she didn't move. She stayed there looking at me, and I don't know why ignore this bïtch and just leave.

"If you come close to her ever again I will complaint a restraining order."

I didn't say anything, I didn't want to increase the problem furthermore, although I wanted to tell this woman off. I watched her as she made her way back into the building, leaving me in the parking lot fisting my hands on my side. My mind kept going to the worst scenarios, I didn't want to describe them for I fear that they will come true.

-
I've never had that feeling of missing someone mentally and physically. Mentally being able to picture them in your arms, or even standing in front of you close enough to smell her aroma. Physically being able to touch her, flesh to flesh, my fingertip against the fair skin of her natural glow, or her small hand against my rough skin and scruff. Her blue eyes so big and curious and beautiful that makes me weak to my knees. She makes me weak.

It's been quite a while since we've encountered Annabelle's mom. It has been two weeks. Two weeks of torture, she was so close but also so far away, I could talk to her, feel her breath, but I would ignore her. It pains me when I see her get hurt every time I reject her, or neglect her existence. I don't ever want to do that, but I don't have a choice. I'm starting to think that her mom didn't tell her she would put a restraining order on me if I come close to her.

One day I was going out to eat with my friends when it was my lunch break. We went to a sandwich shop near by, it's not high end but it's not low quality to give you food poisoning. It was me, Louis, and Liam. We decided to eat here instead of taking to the cafeteria in the publishing house on our level.

We sat near the entrance, it gave me the full view of the city. Mindless people walked to work, or from work, some with suit cases and suits, and others were casual. Some were on their phone texting or talking, and others didn't have a phone I assume.

I looked at my half eaten sandwich and then to my friends. Everyone had their head down and in their phones. It seemed I was the only one paying attention to the world, or only the world I wanted to live in. And she happened to be in it with me. I don't picture Annabelle as the young school girl, I picture her with a family and a husband in a big house and being happy. I want to make her happy, but I also need to bring my head back to reality.

I heard jingles coming from the door, signaling everyone that someone was either coming in or leaving. A small group of school walked in, laughing and smiling.

One brunette in particular was speaking in a different language. "Cosa stai ordinando, Belle?"

Belle.

"Probably the usual," she shrugs.

Annabelle was right in front of me. In front of my friends, too. Of course none of them know the infatuation I have for her. She stood five foot three, with her dark hair pulled in a high ponytail, and dressed in her school uniform I was once very close to. Close to fucking her in that little uniform.

Fuck...Cut it out.

Her foreign friend kept talking, "Non so che cosa per ottenere , non sono mai stato qui prima."

"Don't worry, I'll help you," Annabelle smiled at her. Her smile didn't reach her eyes like before, it was like her smile was there but it wasn't giving the full beauty it had.

I wanted to go up to her and ask her how was she, if everything was alright, if everything was okay with her mom. But I didn't. I cowardly looked away.

"Are you all done?" Liam asked us.

We all nodded and gathered our trash. I was trying to be quite and not talk, I didn't want her to know I was here. She deserves to live a peaceful life, not a perilous one with me. I threw my trash to the bin, unfortunately since the group was hovering the entrance we didn't have a choice other than to excuse ourselves.

I kept my head down, swallowing and hoping she won't see me. I caught a glimpse of her white converse, I know those converse anywhere. I had a depended feeling in the pit of my stomach when I saw them turn around towards my direction. And in this moment I knew she saw me because she wouldn't have tapped my shoulder. I stopped dead on my tracks, my back facing her.

"Zayn."

__.__

Hello. I'm so sorry I took a while to update I have a reason! Okay, I've started school already meaning I have to keep my focus on that and so should all of you, second my wifi wasn't working and I couldn't use my phone data ughhh. But now I'm back and expect the unexpected haha

How the heck did Annabelle learn his name??? ;)

Also the language Annabelle's friend was speaking was Italian!