Three

(I changed the color of Annabelle's eyes, sorry!)

[Annabelle]

I heard the door open and shut. I looked around the corner to get the full view. My mom was looking through the peep hole, my eyes lowered.

"Mom, what are you doing?" I question.

"Remember that man who lives next to us? Well, his breath reeked of marijuana." She scolds in disgust, I bite my lip trying to prevent a giggle.

"Oh," I don't know what to say, other than I don't know what weed smells like.

I shake my head. "Wait. You were talking to him?"

"Yes, I was trying to be nice. I should've known a man who looks like that would be doing drugs."

I roll my eyes. My eyes snapped open and was thankful she didn't see me. My mom hates it when I roll my eyes, she would send me to my room. She still treated me like a child sometimes though I was eighteen.

"You live under my roof and under my rules." She'd say.

My mom and I moved here from Connecticut, she was offered a job here as her part time job; a nurse. I didn't want to move, but knowing my mom she wouldn't hear me out. I've gotten use to her strict attitude and rules therefore I don't talk back, or disobey her.

I want to meet this mysterious neighbor of ours. I've only seen him one. It was as if everything stopped and it was only the two of us in the cold air. I don't understand why my mother would say something like that, he looked genuine, maybe a little intimidating. He was very attractive, dark hair styled back, hazel-brown eyes, and his scruff was my favorite. I've never liked guys my own age and after seeing a man with a scruff like that made me attracted to older men even more. The thought of it alone makes my cheeks blush.

"I'm going to my room," I mumbled.

"Dinner will be ready soon, I'll call you," my mom tells me.

"Okay, thank you," I reply. I quietly close my door. She hates it when I slam it.

I lay on my bed with my hands on my stomach, my fingers twiddling with each other.

I found myself thinking of him. Ever since that time in the parking lot all I could see is his beautiful face. I wonder a lot of things about him.

What is he like? Does he have tattoos? I wonder if his room is right next to mine.

Then I conclude that a grown man like that would never look at a young girl like me.

-

[Zayn]

The next morning I'm off work. I decided to call my friend Avery because as much as I think she's annoying, I need her help.

"I need help buying groceries," I tell her. I can tell by the sound of her voice she's hungover.

"And you're calling me because..."

"I don't know what to buy, you're a girl, aren't girls grocery shopping all the time?"

"Okay first, fuck you, girls can send their boyfriends for grocery shopping too, and second, fine where do you buy them?"

I roll my eyes.

"I'll text you the address. Don't make me wait."

"Shut up," she snorts, ending the call.

I met Avery in college. I've hooked up with her a couple of times back in college, now that I look at her I only think of her as a friend. She has short black hair and too much eye makeup, but overall she's alright.

I wore black jeans, and a black jumper with another coat over it because it's fucking cold outside.

I made my way outside, my black shoes crunching the gravel underneath me as I walk to my car. As I start the engine I get a text message from Avery saying to give her a couple of minutes because she has to get ready. I mutter a couple curses, I stopped myself from telling her off because I kind of need her.

To kill time I grab a cigarette from my glove department and light it up. I have in in between my index and middle finger. I'm personally not a big fan of cigarettes but at the moment I don't care.

My eyes were focused on the street next to the apartment building. In the corner of my eyes I saw something move, my attention drifted to where the door was getting pushed open.

My breathing hitched when I saw those familiar white converse. My eyes started from her feet, up to her full thighs, to her waist covered in a pink knitted sweater, and to her breasts which I stared a minute too long.

Even from here I can see her pale, blue eyes and dark eyelashes. I think her nose has to be the cutest, it's small but it's lifted up just the slightest. Her hair was down, it was dark and long, wavy with a mixture of curls.

I was in a position where I can see her, but she couldn't see me, well yet. I am aware of how pathetic and creepy this looks, but I'm a strong believer that beauty has to be admired.

She seemed to be waiting for someone. The way she had her arms crossed and was looking from left to right every so often gave it away that she was growing impatient. I wanted to tell her to wait inside because I worried she'd get a cold from this chilly weather. Although the thought of her sneezing constantly, and having a pink nose brought a sly smile to my face.

My image was interrupted by a text message from Avery that she's five minutes away from the grocery store.

I look up again, and she was talking to someone on the phone. Her small hand tugged a strand of loose hair behind her ear, she smiled at whoever she was talking to. Finally, she said goodbye and returned inside. I hadn't realized I waited until she gotten back inside safe and sound.

__.__

Vote and comment, thank you!

I hope you see the image, I hoped to find the original you know without the filter and stuff, but it's okay ((:

Anyway, how the heck do I add the cast??? Lol I remember it use to be on the side of a chapter on the computer, is it still there?? Idk