Six

[unedited at the moment]

I was late. I walked in the classroom with all eyes on me. It had been obvious that the teacher was talking because she was standing up and scolding at me. I kept my head down as I made my way through to my desk. It appears that I've been very late because when I sat down, not a minute passed by when the bell rang. Everyone scattered, grabbing their stuff and exiting the room. I didn't have my supplies on my desk therefore I stood up to follow my classmates.

"Annabelle," I stopped on my tracks when I heard my teachers voice. I knew this was coming but either way I felt my heart drop.

I turned around and was greeted with brown eyes. They reminded me of his eyes, but they weren't as pretty as his. I gulped, walking towards her desk that was full of papers everywhere, and clearly she was not organized. She was a mess.

I waited until she said something. What could I possibly say? I've never been in trouble, well except in elementary school, but I don't think that counts.

Ms. Kydd sighed, pulling her glasses out of her face. She mentioned me to sit down in the desk in front of hers. She gave me one hard look that made me uncomfortable in my seat, making me squirm.

"Why were you late to my class?" Her voice was stern, but soft enough not to startle me because she knew it was my first time.

"I-I," I stammered. I felt like crying, my tears were burning. I swallowed back the tears.

"It won't happen again," I say, finally finding my pathetic voice. I couldn't look at her, if I did, I'd lose it.

"That's not what I asked."

"I missed the bus," I shrug.

She didn't believe me. She only dismissed me with her hand flicking towards the door. Ms. Kydd wasn't the nicest teacher, but I was grateful she didn't call my mom.

I start to think back, and actually remembering why I was late in the first place. Hannah was late to begin with, and if I would've denied his offer to drive me to school, I'd miss a whole school day. I wish I had a cell phone so I could tell him what just happened, I'm sure he'd say something to make my day better.

I let out a sigh as I walked inside my next class.

-

I later found out Hannah wasn't at school at all. I worried, thinking what could've happen to her. Was she ill? Why didn't she phone me? I hope she's okay.

My mind wondered off to other things when school was over. For example, who was going to pick me up? I watched as the other girls drove away, or their boyfriend's waited for them in the parking lot. My school does provide buses, but my mother couldn't afford one. I thought about walking, but I was scared. Maybe Hannah would come? Maybe she would feel bad for leaving me stranded that she would take me home?

As I kept those questions with hope in the back of my mind I waited. I sat on the curve and took out my book to read.

[zayn]

I looked at the clock and back at the window. I hadn't realized I had a window that gave me full access of the front parking lot, it gave me the opportunity to watch Annabelle whenever she came home or left it. I was starting to think her friend Haley was a shitty friend. I couldn't bare seeing Annabelle get heartbroken, or stabbed in the back by one of her friends. I might be clueless with women at times, but I know damn well how high school girls are. Annabelle was too sweet to get called a name, she wouldn't hurt anyone.

The clock read three forty-five. This was the usual time she'd arrive. I'd hear her small footsteps outside my door, sometimes she would hum, and then she'd get to her door. One time I even looked through the peep hole when I knew she was coming, but I stopped immediately when I realized how fücked up it was.

It was pathetic of me to turn down a part on Friday night just to come home just to see a young girl. Of course I'd never admit it to anyone, and I would like to keep it that way.

Minutes passed by and there was no sign of her. Shït. Shït. Shït.

She probably doesn't have a ride back.

Without a second thought I grabbed my keys and raced out the door and into the parking. Of course if Haley handy picked her up, it meant she missed school. It wasn't hard to remember where Annabelle's school was because within a few minutes I was already entering it.

Maybe I'm overreacting. She has friends, correct? She could've asked for a ride, or could've taken the bus. What the fück had gotten into me? I was already making a u-turn, but I caught a glimpse of a petite girl sitting on the edge of the curve. Her head was down and she was concentrated on the book she had in her hands, on one side of her head her hair was pulled behind her ear. She looked so...lonely. It made me want to run up to her and hug her and tell her how sorry I was for taking so long, but I had to remember she was young. Too young.

I pressed on my steering wheel, a loud honk startled her. She dropped her book and looked up, when she finally looked at me her frown had disappeared and she was already on her feet.

"Oh my," she breathed. "You scared me!" She playfully slapped my shoulder. I couldn't help my stupid smile forming on my face.

"Sorry," I laughed.

"Thank you for picking me up, I was afraid I would have no choice but to walk," she tells me, shaking her head.

"Haley wasn't at school?"

"No, and her name is not Haley. It's Hannah."

I nod, but I didn't really care. I was glad Annabelle was feeling comes comfortable with me because we had a small conversation and it didn't get awkward. I almost wanted to ask her if she wanted to get lunch, but I stopped myself. If people would see us together they'd think she's my daughter or niece and that thought infuriated me.

We sat in silence once we arrived at the complex, neither of us wanting to get out.

"What made you come back?"

Because I care about you.

"I assumed Haley- I mean, Hannah wasn't at school," I shrug.

"Oh," she nodded, looking away.

I frowned. "Let's go."

Was she expecting something else? Perhaps what I was just thinking about? I looked at her as we walked to the glass door, of course I wanted to tell her everything that I felt, that I care for her, that I love...

"Annabelle Rose Parrish!" An angry woman yelled, causing Annabelle and I to stop walking.

__.__

Who's POV do you like better?

oh shiiiiiittttt. Haha. I'm sorry most of my updates are late at night, that's the time where all of my ideas come!

Please Vote and comment, thank you! *hearts*