Fourteen

READ NOTE AT THE END OF CHAPTER PLS. LOVE YA *HEARTS*

I don't know why I woke up. Either it was from the muffled screams or because something out there was trying to wake me up. But that doesn't matter now, all it matters is that now I'm awake and I can clearly hear the yelling. I didn't recognize the voice until I realized it was coming from next door. I can hear the familiar muffles voice.

Annabelle.

I frowned, crutched down and concentrated on the sounds that woke me up. I can hear it, but I don't understand it. It sounds serious and I'm eager to find out. I care about this girl despite that she's very young. I know I can get into some serious trouble, but I'll do anything for that girl.

I changed into some slacks and a jumper. I didn't even put shoes on, I unlocked my door and opened it so fast it almost hit my face. As I turn to look at Annabelle's apartment door, I am confused as a man is standing there with a concerned look on his face. He noticed me as to the fact that he gave me a unsure look. It was until now I can hear the voices; it was Annabelle and her mother arguing about going somewhere.

"Mother please-I don't want to go with him, at least not now,"

"Annabelle, for crying out loud, you go with your father every year!"

Father. Annabelle has a father.

"Yes, I do! But in the summer!"

"Annabelle you are going. That is final." Her mother says coldly that it almost sends me shivers. I can hear shuffling noises and Annabelle's soft whimpers and sniffles. I don't care I'm risking my chances, all I need to know is that she's okay.  It wasn't expected that Annabelle ran out of her apartment and looked at my direction. I assume she was taken back once she saw me because her facial expression changed from sad to excitement with tears in her eyes.

[Annabelle's pov]

My head was pounding. I'm not sure if its because of all the yelling or crying, or because I have no idea what to do. I only see my father once a years and that's in the summer only. I move in every year back with my mother for school. It's not that I don't love my father, but I may love someone else whom I dare not to leave.

"Please, don't make me," I whisper, praying my soft voice will convince her at least something.

"I'll pack your bathroom essentials."

She didn't give me the time to argue back. I was left alone in my room thinking about all of the possibilities that could happen. I know my mother, and I know there's nothing that will change her mind. All I want to know is why? Why is she doing this? Does she know about Zayn and I? God, I hope not. If she knew Zayn would be in jail, or at court or something. He wouldn't be in his apartment, my mother would dial the police in a heartbeat if she knew.

"Annabelle, I expected you to finish-"

I cut her off by turning my heel and sprinting to the front door. I can hear her yell that I was going and that was her final remark. If this is real, then I need to do one thing. I can't leave without saying goodbye to him. Zayn. Will I ever see him again? Is this the end? Will I ever be with him in the near future?

I don't know if I want to know the answers.

It was a fine surprise when I reached the hallway. I ignored my father's puzzled features and looked straight into those hazel eyes. I couldn't help it but to smile, although I couldn't control my tears falling I could control my emotions. Well, kind of.

"Zayn–"

"Annabelle, what–what's going on? Are you okay?" He rushed to me as I do the same. His hand comes in contact with my tear stained cheek, his thumb wiping away the streaks but it only makes me tear up more.

"Baby, what's wrong?"

"I–I'm leaving," I whimper.

"Annabelle," my mothers voice comes clear. Zayn's eyes dart above me, they frown instantly. Much to my surprise my father wasn't interrogating Zayn with questions, but my mother will take that promotion for him.

"What the hell is going on? If I can recall I told you to stay away from my daughter."

"I know, but I've tried. God, I've tried but as time passed by I was defeated."

"I'm calling the police, I will sign a restraining order just like I said. Stay the hell away from my daughter you...you pedophile."

"Mother!" I shout.

I looked at his face and the toned, olive color had left his face. He stood there, emotionless and motionless. He blinked at my mother, then back at me and I swear I can hear him gulp. Everything was silent; it was too silent that I started to panic. What's going on? Why is he just standing there? Is he okay? He couldn't have been hurt by mother's word, he has been here before.

Zayn finally got his strength together, but what he did was unexpected. He took a step back, his eyes avoiding mine at all cause. He made eye contact for the last time before turning his heel and walking away for his door.

"Wait, what are you doing? Where are you going?" My mind is rushing with questions but those are the ones that seemed to escape my lips.

He ignored me and opened his door.

"Zayn, Zayn!"

He stopped. For a moment I thought he was going to kiss me goodbye, hug me, promise me that he'll wait for me and I do the same. Anything. But on the contrary, it was something I'd never imagined he'd say.

"Don't be a naive, stupid girl. Do you actually think I have the audacity to spend my time with a child? You were so naive and easy much for my pleasure. That's life, baby, it's fucks you over more than I had the chance to."

The door slams on my face. I am left standing alone in the hallway, feeling my heart break into the pieces I thought he would recover.

__.__

Hello. ITS BEEN ALMOST A MONTH AND IM SO SORRY BUT I HAVE CLASSES TO PICK AND TESTS AND AP CLASSES.

Ps. Please don't hate me for this chapter hehehehe.

Don't worry there's more to come, this ain't over baby.

Please Vote and Comment!, Thank you!!!