Sixteen

"Are you sure you don't want to tag along?"

My mother asked for the one millionth time. She was going out with her friends at an Italian restaurant and catching up. As much as I wanted some Italian food right now, I better give her her space. I'm sure she misses her girlfriends and their chats, so respectfully I kept saying no.

"No, I'm okay. Go have fun mom," I giggle as I hurry her out the door.

"Well, alright, just...don't go out too late. Love you honey. Lock the doors too. "

I did what she told me to do after she left. I didn't mind being home alone for a couple of hours, I needed some alone time after witnessing that terrible sight. I'm glad I didn't look at him because I would've lost it there, crying and starting to hold in my sobs.

Who was she?

Remembering the sight of them made my head cloudy. She was beautiful so there was no use to say anything mean about her. I wonder if Zayn changed; whether being physical or personality wise. I wonder if he still has his facial hair which I came to love. I need to move on.

I shouldn't be thinking about this, about him. Shaking my head, I take my phone and text Hannah. I'm so grateful my father bought me a phone because I was in desperate need for one. I couldn't contact with anyone and it would stress me out. My mother couldn't buy me a phone even if it was the cheapest one because she couldn't afford it, and being the reasonable person I am, I understood. I text Hannah to pick me up and to go grab a bite somewhere.

I changed into something causal, just like the usual some jeans and sweatshirt and this time I decide to let my hair down. I always put it in a ponytail and it's starting to give me headaches.

Within minutes I receive a text from Hannah that she's outside and waiting for me. I quickly grab my jacket, keys, and shoes. I rush out the door, lock it and turn my heel to the elevator, which they finally freaking fixed. I pressed the button with the arrow going down and it highlighted when I pressed. I waited until I head the little 'ding' and the doors slid open.

What was revealed in front of me knocked the wind out of me. My eyes are locked with hazel ones. God, he looks so good. No I can't think of him that way, not anymore. I break the intense eye contact and mutter an 'excuse me' as I make my way towards the back of the elevator. He doesn't say a word and with one final stare he exits the elevator. Once the elevator closes it feels like I can breathe again.

I couldn't help but think if he was okay. He looked tired, both physically and mentally. His dark circles were prominent and his posture was weak. His clothes were dirty and wrinkly as if he slept with them the night before. And his hair. He dyed it silver. And it looked so good on him. I was a little disappointed when he didn't talk to me or least say something, but what was I expecting? An apology? Get that out of your head, Annabelle. I fought the urge to run to him and kiss him, but also slap him at the same time. 

I hurry to the front doors and Hannah is patiently waiting. I hurry towards her car although it is May, it's still windy and it messes with my hair; one of the reasons why I always put it in a ponytail. I have extra hairbands in my purse just in case. Hannah is very excited to see me due to the fact that I left without saying goodbye. I missed my only best friend and I wish she would've visited me when I was gone. She asks me how it went and how I was, and to be completely honest I didn't want to lie to her nor to myself.

"It was hell at first, and I didn't want to get out of bed at all. I was afraid I would become depressed if I didn't get out that room, but I'm better now."

"So...how's Zayn?"

I frown. "How do you know his name?"I don't remember mentioning his name to her.

"Oh," she coughed. "You...You mentioned it before."

"Oh. And to answer your question, I don't know and I don't care."

"Have you seen him? Talked to him?" She questions and I feel slight uncomfortable with these questions. I give her a look that involves my eyebrow to raise.

"No." I vaguely answer. "Why are you asking me? Are you okay, Han?"

"Yeah, just a little...fidgety because of the traffic and stuff..."

I don't answer but I nod my head. I didn't want to continue with this conversation because it seems as if she's hiding something. I know when she's lying because I've been friends with her since the fifth grade or so. I am not going to force her to tell me the truth, the truth always comes out. It's the time that takes in which proves if it's worth it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

"See ya!"

I wave goodbye as Hannah drives away. It's not that late, it's only eight. I didn't want togged home before my mother because I know she would've freaked out. I enter the building and the warmth of the lobby hit my body welcoming me home. I stepped in front of the elevator waiting for it to come down. As soon as it opens I step in, but I wasn't prepared to what happened next.

A voice yelled out 'hold the door!' and I did. I didn't want to be rude and let him miss the chance of riding an elevator because it takes a very long time to get where it first started.

When I saw who it was, my heart fell to the pit of my stomach. Those exact same hazel eyes were on mine the moment he realized it was me. I swallowed the lump on my throat and scootched all the way to the other end of the small space. It was the least I can do to be as far away from him. I kept my eyes low in order to not look at him anymore than I did earlier today. It is dead silent in this damn elevator and it feels like it's eating me alive. I want to get out, but I also want to question him. There's so many things I want to do, but I won't do them.

Suddenly everything stopped, literally and figuratively. Before I knew it a hand came in contact with a button that said 'emergency stop' on the elevator. I frowned and looked at him, but he was staring at me already.

"What are you doing?" I asked, my voice came out weaker than I expected it to be.

"We need to talk."

"You want to talk now?" I raged. "Trapped inside a stupid elevator?"

"Hm you got feistier. What did they do to you? I'm not complaining."

"What? Um, I don't know what you're talking about. Now lets get out of here because I don't want to die in an elevator, especially not with you." I ignored the feeling of regret after saying that to him, for a moment I wanted to apologize.

"You're very feisty, kitten."

"Don't call me that." I gulp.

My heart begins to pound in my chest, my breathing is heavy when he comes closer tome and his lips are centimeters away from mine. Oh, those lips. No, I cannot think like this. This is what he wants and I won't fall into his trap.

"I missed you—"

"You broke my heart." I choke looking down as my eyes begin to water.

"I'm sorry baby. You know I didn't mean all those things I said." His thick accent whispers against my ear, its almost like a lullaby that is so sweet but very irking. 

I flinch away when his finger wipes away the single tear that has escaped. My mind returns to the moment I saw him entering his apartment with that woman. I wonder how many girls he did it with ever since I left. Thinking about the possibilities makes my head foggy.

"I...I don't know. Please get us out of here." I beg.

"Look at me." He whispers and I hold back from looking at him.

"Please." He begs. 

Slowly I begin to open my eyes and lift my head. The moment my eyes meet his; I'm all his again. Fully and completely. 

~~~~

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT, THANK YOU!

What do you guys think will happen? Will she go with there feelings will she ignore them and fight through them?

We'll seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee