Chapter Four

Thursday rolled around, and all Sal and Vanessa could talk about was each other. Normally, that would be old news, but this movie plan- which Sivon called an "almost-double-date-" stirred up all sorts of new anxieties and excitement for both of them.

Sivon decided it would be the perfect excuse for the two of them to go shopping.

"After all," she said. "This could be it! You've got to look even more gorgeous than usual if you want him to finally make his move! Besides, I could use a new pair of shoes myself."

The girls spent the afternoon walking around the mall, shopping and laughing and chatting about the next day. Vanessa was finally starting to feel a little less nervous about the situation, and Sivon was more than happy her pep talks were starting to make a dent after all this time.

"That's it. That has to be it!" Sivon said, clapping her hands in excitement.

Vanessa walked out of the changing room and spun around, showing off the bright blue dress. "I don't know..." she said, biting her lip. "You don't think it makes my hips look wide?"

"Are you kidding?" Sivon scoffed. "You look... What's the word? Bangin'?" The word sounded so wrong coming out of her mouth that both girls started giggling.

"Really though! You like it?" she asked.

"Love it. And who cares what I think? Do you like it?" Sivon asked as she swirled the last of her smoothie around in its plastic cup.

"You know what, I think I do. I think I do!"