Chapter Seventeen

The food was wonderful, and apart from the guys' multiple attempts to embarrass James, the conversation went along smoothly.

"So have you ever heard the story of the time Murr fucked a stuffed animal?" Joe said much too loudly.

"Joe!" James growled. "Don't you dare!"

"Uhh, no, I haven't," Emily said in a slightly nervous tone.

"Trust me, you don't want to know that story," Sivon jumped in mercifully. "You know what though, we haven't heard how you two met! How
did that happen?"

As Emily began to relax and answer her question, James looked over to Sivon and mouthed, "thank you."

"Well, it's actually a pretty funny story. I was out bowling with a couple of friends, and James was there with his nephews for the day. I was walking back to my lane from the ball rack, because the ball I'd picked at first was way too heavy, and all of a sudden, this guy just slams into me, spilling a huge pitcher of soda all over me. I was soaked! And James kept apologizing over and over, and offered to help clean up, and his nephews were just losing it." She sighed at the end of her story, chuckling to herself.

The whole table laughed.

"Murr, you klutz," Brian teased.

James shot him a mock-angry look. "Anyway, after I finished apologizing, I offered to take her out to make up for it, and she asked if she could go home to change first."

"And the rest is history!" Emily smiled as James pulled her in for a little squeeze.

"That's such a cute story!" Vanessa said.

"Yeah, a good one to tell your kids someday," Sivon added.

James choked on the sip of beer he was taking, nearly spitting it all over the table. "Uhh, I think it's a little early to be thinking about that, isn't it?"

"Come on, Murray, don't tell me you haven't told Emily about how badly you want kids!" Joe chided.

"Yeah, you've been dating a couple weeks now, right? Seems like a good time to be talking about it. Not to mention planning the wedding," Brian said.

"Wedding?" James's eyes widened.

Emily was blushing wildly, giggling at her loss for words.

"I- I don't- I mean, I like her, but- hey, what about you! You and Siv have been together for years now, and you're not married!" James sputtered.

Sivon turned to Brian, pretending to be upset. "Yeah, babe, what's that all about, eh? I'm not good enough to marry?"

"Hey, hey, don't you go making this about me!" Brian said, putting his hands up.

"And what about Sal, huh? You and Vanessa have been together only a little while longer than Emily and I, and you've liked each other forever! Why aren't you getting on their case?" James continued.

Now it was Vanessa's turn to blush at the thought.

"Okay, okay, let up, guys," Sivon said. "But seriously, you guys did meet in a hilarious and cute way. You should definitely tell... someone." She chuckled.

Before anyone could add anything else, the waitress walked over.

"You folks want any dessert?" she smiled.

"I've already got some dessert for me when I get home," Brian said with a wink and an arm around Sivon, who looked down at the table, embarrassed.

"Always with the dirty lines with you," Sal teased.

"Can we get some cake or something?" Emily suggested. "Something to share?"

Sivon and Vanessa looked at each other and grinned.

"Yeah!" they chorused.

"Bessy, you want in on this?" Sivon added.

"Sure! What about you, Joey? Do I even have to ask?" she giggled.

"What kind of cake you got?" Joe asked, making everyone else at the table laugh.