Chapter Fifteen

Saturday came around, bringing beautiful weather and the promise of an interesting evening. Sal left just a few minutes early to pick up Vanessa.

"You look incredible," Sal breathed when Vanessa opened the door.

"So do you!" she smiled, pulling him into a hug.

"You like the suit? I figured I'd go with a classic black." He walked into the house, taking his shoes off immediately.

"It's perfect. So we have a few minutes to kill, what should we do?" she asked innocently.

"Well," he purred, stepping close to her. "I was thinking..."

He connected his lips with hers and slipped his arms around her waist. Her hands moved up to his chest, and as he deepened the kiss, she felt his tongue trace along her bottom lip.

He pulled back just slightly, looking her in the eyes. "I'm so happy you're finally mine."

Vanessa blushed. "Oh, Sal..."

He pulled her back in, kissing her with just a little more steam. Things were just starting to get a little heated when Vanessa's phone went off.

Breathlessly, she answered, leaving Sal slightly disappointed but still chuckling. "Hello?"

"Hey! You guys leave yet?" Sivon asked through the phone.

"We're just about to get in the car." Vanessa poked Sal's chest once, then pointed to the door.

"Oh, good. I caught you. We just got here, and I only just realized I forgot my inhaler on the kitchen counter."

In the background, Brian's voice came through. "I told you you didn't have to switch purses!"

"Anyway," Sivon continued, "you know the one I keep at your house? The spare blue one with the Muppets sticker on it?"

"Yes," Vanessa laughed. "You want me to bring it?"

"Please do. I don't want a repeat of the last time I forgot one." The sound of Sivon playfully slugging Brian's shoulder could be heard, followed by Brian's muffled voice again.

"Hey, I apologized for forgetting, right? And the paramedics were really nice about the whole thing!"

Sal snickered as he pulled his shoes on.

"Okay, we're heading out now. I'll see you soon!" Vanessa giggled as she hung up, walking over to the hall closet with her friend's spare things.