Chapter Ten

The credits rolled and the lights went up, and Sivon and Brian stood and stretched.

"Good movie, eh?" he joked.

"Oh, fantastic. So good, in fact, that I'll be watching it again as soon as we get home," she giggled.

They looked down to find Sal and Vanessa just pulling apart from another kiss, both blushing as soon as they noticed their friends watching them.

"So I take it you guys had a good time?" Brian laughed.

Sal looked at Vanessa and smiled sheepishly. "I had a great time."

---

"See you guys later! Drive home safe!" Sivon called to Sal and Vanessa as they walked to their respective cars.

"See ya!" Sal called back. He looked down at his right hand happily, finding it comfortably holding Vanessa's left. When they got back to his car, he helped her in.

"You know, I've wanted to do that for a long time," Vanessa murmured.

"Me too," Sal admitted. "So..." He started the car, but didn't change gears. "Does this mean- I mean, can we..." He sighed. "Do you want to be my girlfriend?"

That breathless feeling came back to Vanessa, and she found it hard to speak. She leaned in and kissed Sal instead.

"Is that a yes?" Sal chuckled when they pulled apart.

"I'd love to," Vanessa smiled.