Chapter Twenty

Breathless, Vanessa collapsed on Sal's chest. His heart pounded in her ear, and he stroked her hair as they both caught their breath.

"I love you," he whispered.

"I love you, too," she said softly.

They stayed like that for a few minutes more, lying together in contented exhaustion.

Soon though, Vanessa realized what time it was.

"Hey, you don't mind... I mean, if it's okay... Could I...?" she trailed off.

Sal chuckled. "Please spend the night."

Vanessa smiled, then frowned. "I don't have any pajamas."

"You want to borrow a t shirt or something? What's mine is yours, baby." He kissed her cheek.

"Thanks."

They stood up together and found their respective underwear, pulling them on before walking over to the bureau. Sal nearly tripped pulling his boxers back on, eliciting a loud laugh from Vanessa.

"What about this one?" Sal asked, holding up his black Led Zeppelin US Tour '77 shirt.

Vanessa grinned. "I've got one just like that in my size! I love it."

He tossed it to her, and when she slipped it on, she smiled even wider.

"What?"

"It smells like you. I like it."

He chuckled. "You're so cute. You want to go to sleep? Or maybe put on a movie or something?"

She yawned just at the thought. "We could just put the tv on until we fall asleep, if you want. I'm really tired."

"Sounds good to me," Sal said, pulling her in for a hug and kissing her head.